DVDVR Message Board

NXT TAKEOVER - NEW ORLEANS - 4/7/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Things are happening on this, so let's get this started: (Spoilered until everything airs)

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP: Andrade "Cien" Almas (c) vs. Aleister Black

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP: Ember Moon (c) vs. Shayna Baszler

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP & THE DUSTY RHODES CLASSIC TOURNAMENT TITLE: The Undisputed Era (c) vs. Authors of Pain vs. Roderick Strong/Pete Dunne

LADDER MATCH FOR THE NEW NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP: Adam Cole vs. EC3 vs. Velveteen Dream vs. Killian Dain vs. Lars Sullivan vs. Ricochet

UNSANCTIONED MATCH: Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa  (Gargano's career is on the line.)

That is so much more exciting to me than anything that's being discussed for Wrestlemania other than A.J. vs Nak and Asuka vs Charlotte.  

That main sounds great as long as they don't try to make either man cut a promo. The challenger is better at conveying emotion via body language and facial expression than most Hollywood types, he doesn't need to talk other than to call his opponent out and get in his catchphrase. The champ is just fine having Selina do 99% of the talking while he smirks and mugs for the camera. 

If Pete Dunne is truly going to be making a defense on this card, I'd much rather his opponent be Roderick Strong than Adam Cole, Adam Cole is just so early 2000's ROH inter-changeable-heel bland once he gets in the ring I doubt that even Pete can get much out of him. If there was ever a guy born to be a manager and occasional (very occasional) third guy in six-man tags, it's Adam Cole. Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad worker, he's just a decade behind everyone else which makes his matches tend to be very mediocre snooze-fests. Nothing wrong happens, but nothing interesting happens either, I'm trying hard to recall someone else whose total body of work is so forgettable, but of course I can't because they're so forgettable I don't remember them, haha. Wait, I've got it! Heel Curtis Thompson in Smokey Mountain!!! That's it! Cole is the modern day Curtis Thompson in-ring, at least he has mic skills and some charisma.

If we get Roddy vs Pete, we get a wonderful beatdown with some sporadic, but ineffective offense from Roddy. Personally, I'd love to see Aleister Black in a feud with Dunne over the belt. A Dutchman feuding with a Limey over the UK title would be glorious, to say nothing of how cool it would be watching those two stiff the shit out of each other.

• Like 1

I really want Almas to have a HHH reign of terror title run. Dude needs to hold that title as long as possible and then lose to someone who can become a star overnight beating him.

I mean I’d go for him losing at Survivor Series 18. He’s such a great mix of asshole heel, great wrestler, awesome manager. Plus he’s going to mid card He’ll when he gets called up. So let him enjoy being a star. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 10:52 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Things are happening on this, so let's get this started: (Spoilered until everything airs)

Hide contents

UNSANCTIONED MATCH: Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa 

'Even though the match was made by the GM, it's unsanctioned' = PROWRESTLING~!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Show's in 10 days, I think spoilers are fair game at this point.   

Technically one match isn't official yet and will be finalized on next week's TV so yeah... might want to slow your roll on that

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I just got the strangest urge to figure out if Jimmy Rave is still working. 

I think he primarily works Georgia indies now.

From Rave's wiki page: 

Guffey has admitted to having past problems with drug addiction, which he blames for his underwhelming performances in 2009. After leaving Ring of Honor, he checked into a rehab and eventually got a job as the director of the Bartow County Peer Support, Wellness and Respite Center. Guffey attributed his addiction to several traumatic events in his life, including being molested as a child, his mother drinking herself to death when he was seventeen, and being locked in a youth detention center. 

On 4/3/2018 at 2:16 PM, ChesterCopperpot said:

Here it is

Reveal hidden contents

DZ4XRuyXkAEsS2A.jpg:large

"I want something that looks like it came from a territory but looks like it cost more than $50 to make." 

Observation, not complaint. 

• Like 3

I only just realized now that the kickoff show is a hour (starts at 7 AM est)

Take Takeover ones are normally only 30 minutes so it is a good thing I checked