DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION THREAD - MARCH 2018

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Lars Sullivan is good on the mic. He comes across incredibly intelligent - I thinknive seen comparisons of him to Monsoon, and that's 3xactly who he shoukd emulate. 

He has a total Jeckyl & Hyde character. Let him be soft spoken and eloquent outside the ring... only for him to turn into a blood thirsty mauler once it's go time.

My favorite Lars moment was when he was giving a backstage interview, was distracted by No Way Jose’s music, politely apologized to the interviewer for being distracted, and then beat the shit out of No Way Jose.

• Like 3

On 3/9/2018 at 4:17 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can't wait until Lars Sullivan gets called up and attacks Braun, setting up their feud. My only complaint is Lars Sullivan talking. He should only grunt and growl while a manager talks for him. Jimmy Jacobs would have been the perfect manager for him. Robert Evans (Archibald Peck) should be plucked from the writing team and paired with Sullivan...or bring in Kevin Sullivan as Lars' uncle. 

Sorry to pick on you with nearly a month of shows after your post but I couldn't disagree more about how to present Lars. Big guys that grunt and scowl while a manager talks for them a dime a dozen, with Lars they've gone in a far different direction and it's bloody brilliant. Out of the ring you have the soft-spoken, erudite Lars, in-ring you have the sadistic monster, it's great! The only problem being that Lars is so good at showing the duality of character that as much as I'd enjoy Kevin Sullivan on my TV again, there's just no need for him.

• Like 2

• RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic