DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION THREAD - MARCH 2018

RIPPA

Can NXT possibly get any better? The upcoming episode will be three weeks in a row that I'm counting minutes until the show airs, of course I have the Network so I can watch it at whatever time seems most convenient, but I want to watch the second it airs! If it were coming on at 4AM, I'd be getting/staying up for it. 

Now, having been a wrestling fan going on five decades, this level of excitement is something that I never thought I'd experience again after learning it was all a work (when I was about ten or eleven).Last week we got a match that I cheerfully would have paid ten bucks to see in the unstoppable Dutch force versus the immovable Irish object. And yes, I like Aleister Black so much that I was forced to root against my countryman. That match could have headlined a PPV anywhere in the world and people would have been grateful to get it.

This coming week  we have the greatest wrestler in the world not named "Naito" coming out tot do his thing. I'm going to be getting my permanent DVD "Best of Pete Dunne" filled in no time at all as literally every match that he's involved in is worth preserving. If there's anyone that can drag a ****+ or better out of the dreadfully bland Adam Cole it's Pete Dunne. 

It's fun being this excited about the rasslin again.

• Like 2

I can't wait until Lars Sullivan gets called up and attacks Braun, setting up their feud. My only complaint is Lars Sullivan talking. He should only grunt and growl while a manager talks for him. Jimmy Jacobs would have been the perfect manager for him. Robert Evans (Archibald Peck) should be plucked from the writing team and paired with Sullivan...or bring in Kevin Sullivan as Lars' uncle. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can't wait until Lars Sullivan gets called up and attacks Braun, setting up their feud. My only complaint is Lars Sullivan talking. He should only grunt and growl while a manager talks for him. Jimmy Jacobs would have been the perfect manager for him. Robert Evans (Archibald Peck) should be plucked from the writing team and paired with Sullivan...or bring in Kevin Sullivan as Lars' uncle. 

They need to keep them separate and have their first interaction come at the Rumble.

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Kimber Lee/Abbey Laith really felt like a "sign her so someone else can't" situation. Can't really think of a reason why they had her under contract and just never used her after the MYC. If she had an attitude issue, not sure why she lasted past the MYC instead of waiting six months to let her go.

37 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Can we get the real Robert Evans to be his manager?

The restaurateur and marketer of pork sausage products? That sounds like a fabulous idea. The more Lars punishes his opponent, he could be fed sausage links from ringside. Unfortunately, that Robert Evans died in 2007. I'm all for Kevin Sullivan feeding Lars breakfast sausage as a reward for destroying his opponents.

55 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The restaurateur and marketer of pork sausage products? That sounds like a fabulous idea. The more Lars punishes his opponent, he could be fed sausage links from ringside. Unfortunately, that Robert Evans died in 2007. I'm all for Kevin Sullivan feeding Lars breakfast sausage as a reward for destroying his opponents.

a6d.gif

• Haha 2

I had a booking ideer based on a odd rassling dream I had:

The Velveteen Dream has renewed his campaign of psychological and physical assault upon Aleister Black. This time AB is out-classed, and losing his edge. Commish Steven Regal suggests that Black call in his father, to which AB reacts with much uncharacteristic anger. VDream uses this emotional state to his advantage and ambushes AB, daring the mystery father to show up, thereby increasing the torment and drama for Black either way. Next week on TV, VD’s in-ring promo is interrupted by Aleister Black, who quickly gets the tables turned upon him and is taking a vicious beating. Suddenly, the sounds of The Manhattan Transfer blare out- “talkin’ ‘bout that boy from New York City” - and a grizzled Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant dances onto the ramp and faces off with a nonplussed Velveteen Dream. Instead of a soupbone or sleeper, Valiant delivers a big smooch on VDream, who is certainly polymorphously perverse and Prince-like but is no Wrinkle Queen. This just sets up for a recovered Black to land a Black Mass and scuttle VD out of the ring. The Magus of thee Street People hugs his son, and we see a lone tear go down Aleister’s cheek, “Oh Vader, ik schaam me zo…”, he is heard to whisper. Father and son go on to learn about each other in a series of vignettes, and celebrate the differences and similarities in their music, tattoos and magick styles. This, of course, sets up Valiant/Black v. Dream/The Boogie Man tags, and the eventual Black/Valiant/Dream v. The Undisputed Era. As above, so below.

- I book only for myself,

RAF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/03/2018 at 11:17 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When Brock leaves, have Heyman manage Sullivan and cut the exact same promos.