DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 TV DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

23 minutes ago, (BP) said:

They're rebooting Clarissa Explains it All with Melissa Joan Hart as the mom. I can think of at least five other Nick shows I'd rather they bring back.

danger-mouse.jpg

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, (BP) said:

They're rebooting Clarissa Explains it All with Melissa Joan Hart as the mom. I can think of at least five other Nick shows I'd rather they bring back. 

The CW already screwed up The Tomorrow People so I have no clue who holds the rights to the show right now.

I think you could get a lot of mileage from a reboot of The Third Eye as a YA fantasy / speculative fiction serial anthology.

I probably wouldn't watch it, but then again the target audience for a reboot would not consist of grumpy African American males pushing fifty years of age.

• Like 1

As a 90s kid and an anthology horror fiend, first on my list has to be Are You Afraid of the Dark? It was pretty hardcore for YA horror. The effects could be pretty gnarly and about half the time the kids wouldn't even survive. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, (BP) said:

As a 90s kid and an anthology horror fiend, first on my list has to be Are You Afraid of the Dark? It was pretty hardcore for YA horror. The effects could be pretty gnarly and about half the time the kids wouldn't even survive. 

I hate Goosebumps as does my daughter and would totally support a YA reboot of Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

Goosebumps was pretty toothless, especially compared to AYAOTD (that didn't feel any easier to abbreviate. Yeesh.) I did like the one with the werewolf at the summer camp because I'm a sucker for a good old fashioned Serling-style, "They were aliens the whole time!" 

20 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

There is/was already a new Danger Mouse. Or am I missing your point? 

That one sucked.  I want a newer new one that is old school..

10 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The dummy gimmick freaked me out as a kid. That's my only memory of Goosebumps, both the books and the show. 

It was the only thing they really had going for them.

8 hours ago, MarcosLoura said:

Did anyone watch and talked about Altered Carbon?

I liked it, a lot, particularly the setting (Cyber Punk now then forever), the world building and Laurens Bancroft character/ James Purefoy performance.

Pretty sure I mentioned liking it a lot either last month's thread or the Netflix thread. Others here seemed to dig it as well.

• Like 1

That's probably what made me so uncomfortable. I really start getting the hives when I watch anything with someone getting busted out in public and that episode was all of that and a bag of singles. Curb is the same way, I just can't take it. My issues aside, the scene with the guy showing his gun at the bank was so on the nose you might as well have been punched in the face -- rightfully so. 

21 hours ago, Matt D said:

There was something that really annoyed me about the new Danger Mouse when I watched with the kid. I think it was one of the voices. Greenback's maybe?

If there was a voice that creeped you out, it was probably Greenback's.

Finally got around to watching the first two eps of Castle 2.0 Deception.  Didn't expect much going in, but was pleasantly surprised.  Premise is even more ridiculous than Castle, but it's from Berlanti's production company and the first two eps were clever and a lot of fun.  The big mystery/conspiracy is already kinda interesting.  I wish they had saved the twin reveal for later in the season.  Anyway, I'm in for the season.

Also watched Castle 3.0 er.... Instinct.  Pilot was on the wooden side, but the female lead is cute and likable and I really want to see Alan Cummings star in his own show, even if he seems both too good a procedural and miscast as a former CIA operative.  I'll give it a couple outings to improve.  

Also, X-Files season finale is tonight, if anyone still watches.  I'm guessing no one does, since Fox seems to have stopped promoting the show after the first few eps.  I didn't.  Just happened to see a headline this morning about the finale.  Supposedly, this is the series finale too, since Anderson claims this is her last go-round as Scully.

It actually seems straight up like they've done a double turn and LaRusso is the heel here.  

I don't know if I want to pay for fucking YouTube, but god damn does that look good.