DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] Feb 28, 2018 TV SHOW

Brian Fowler

I wish Sane/Baszler had gotten a few more minutes, but it was good.

Bate and Dream are both so young and just dripping with potential. Decent stuff.

Adam Cole did Adam Cole things.

Vega is just so damn great at being evil. The crowd doing the "Clean Sweep! Woop Woop!" chant was awesome. She really did create Almas' success both in kayfabe and reality. At some point, somewhere, Johnny Wrestling needs to kick his ass though. Good promo.

I'm assuming Black is gonna kick Andrade's head off his shoulders in New Orleans. I'm not sold that the match will be very good, but it's time to pull the trigger both on giving Black the belt and calling Almas up after the inevitable rematch. Almas might struggle on the main roster, but they've put it all together to give him a great act.

I'd rather see Dane get it, honestly. He's fucking awesome.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yes I wanted a few more minutes between them too. Shayna is such an awesome asshole. We haven't had a heel this hated in the division in a while. 

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Bate and Dream are both so young and just dripping with potential. Decent stuff.

Adam Cole did Adam Cole things.

Vega is just so damn great at being evil. The crowd doing the "Clean Sweep! Woop Woop!" chant was awesome. She really did create Almas' success both in kayfabe and reality. At some point, somewhere, Johnny Wrestling needs to kick his ass though. Good promo.

I'm assuming Black is gonna kick Andrade's head off his shoulders in New Orleans. I'm not sold that the match will be very good, but it's time to pull the trigger both on giving Black the belt and calling Almas up after the inevitable rematch. Almas might struggle on the main roster, but they've put it all together to give him a great act.

I'd rather see Dane get it, honestly. He's fucking awesome.

If Black can have a fringe MOTYC with awesome but still pretty green Dream, he can do wonderful things with Almas. My only concern would be it goes on after Gargano/Ciampa or fans save their voices for the DIY match. 

17 hours ago, Oyaji said:

If Black can have a fringe MOTYC with awesome but still pretty green Dream, he can do wonderful things with Almas. My only concern would be it goes on after Gargano/Ciampa or fans save their voices for the DIY match. 

Black's not the one that concerns me. Almas has had a grand total of two matches I thought were actually any good in his entire NXT run, and both were mostly because Gargano displayed next level great selling and babyface work.

We have already established you have a blind hatred of Almas. Black the weak link in this one for me. I think mechanically he is fine, but the Dream match is the only match of his I've really enjoyed in WWE, and that was pretty much all because of Dream.

What's going to sell the match ain't the in-ring, it's the story; with Black/Dream, Dream basically carried the match with his storytelling leading into the match and within the match itself. Unfortunately, there isn't much of a story leading into this match.

Hopefully, between Vega and a reborn Almas, they can tell a good story within the match.

I'm surprised anyone is remotely worried about the Black/Almas match. They've been two of the better in-ring guys in the company the last year plus. Now, the promos leading up to the match on the other hand... If the last two weeks are any indication, Vega and the video package team have their work cut out for them.

On March 7, 2018 at 9:42 AM, Hagan said:

Shayna has gotten so good so quick after a pretty meh MYC run. Once Rousey's babyface run flames out, having her be Ronda's Ace Orton will be great. 

It will be even better when she turns on Rousey and leaves her laying and broken. 

• Like 1