DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING PHOTOS THREAD.

Abdullah_vs_Road_Warriors.jpg

Stumbled across the photo here in a magazine scan (Championship Wrestling 1986).

It's Abdullah the Butcher battling Road Warrior Animal from what appears to be an NWF show in 1986. I had heard the Road Warriors did a couple of shots for NWF, but this seems like a match that would have been a huge deal in '86 but there's barely any info out there at all. All I've been able to find is one post referencing that a match happened between the Road Warriors vs Abdullah the Butcher/Kevin Sullivan and got a date of 9/30/1986, but no info on the card, or result.

Anyone out there know anything more about this one? I'm sure it was probably just a six-minute schmozz with a non-finish but I'm still fascinated that this match happened, and info on it is almost non-existent.

Also, LOL at whoever the Road Warriors pissed off at the magazine to get a caption indicating that Abdullah easily defeated both of them in a handicap match!

10 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Also, LOL at whoever the Road Warriors pissed off at the magazine to get a caption indicating that Abdullah easily defeated both of them in a handicap match!

I mean, technically, Abby "devastated" the Warriors, they never flat out said they were pinned.  

1 hour ago, Liam said:

My Stepdad works for a mini-coach company in a small village in Cumbria, the North West of England.

He spent the other day driving LiLiCo around. As you do.

IMG_20180313_WA0001.jpg

I had no idea who that was, so I googled her. I should really pay more attention to DDT. But the real thing that caught my eye is her age. She is 47? Some folks just don't age.