DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

So even if you keep up the exercise/eating healthy (with carbs) the weight comes back with a vengeance?

Correct because Carbs is a filler. You can eat all the Protein you want and lose weight and your appetite will decrease ( at least that what happened to me). When you just say cut back your Protein calories by 10% and replace them with Carbs, the weight will still come back and you will want to eat even more. My advice would be to count calories and eat well balanced meals instead of cutting Carbs completely out. Maybe do 40/40/20 (Carbs is the 20) or even lower on the Carbs. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Things that won't work: Rusev as a babyface.

People like the notion of it and that they're better at booking than the creative team than they will the actual product. Middling guy going nowhere or rocket strapped to him.

It will work if they don't do the typical WWE thing and change everything about him that made him appealing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BubblegumRogue said:

It will work if they don't do the typical WWE thing and change everything about him that made him appealing. 

The only two tragedies in life are not getting what you want and getting what you wanted.

People have built it up to be this giant myth that because of a few hilarious backstage clips, he'll be the next top babyface because he has charisma. Same way people said that about Mark Henry after his first big face run and he was tagging with MVP for months on end.

They let Big E be Big E, and now everyone wants him to be a big ass kicker again rather than comedy guy in a tag team.

I want a parody of the 93 Luger face turn though. I hope I'll get it. But people will turn on it after instant gratification 

He's the third most over face on SmackDown right now, despite being an unpushed midcard heel. The Happy Rusev Day t-shirt has been almost permanently at number 1 on the online shop bestsellers list for months. Literally if they just changed who he and English wrestled and had him win matches for a month, he'd be the most over guy on the show (admittedly the B-show) instantly.

And who are all these people who want Big E to change? I see a lot of people wanting him to get a major singles push, but as the guy he's been the last two years. Mostly hilarious with the ability to turn it serious on a dime. 

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

He's the third most over face on SmackDown right now, despite being an unpushed midcard heel. The Happy Rusev Day t-shirt has been almost permanently at number 1 on the online shop bestsellers list for months. Literally if they just changed who he and English wrestled and had him win matches for a month, he'd be the most over guy on the show (admittedly the B-show) instantly.

And who are all these people who want Big E to change? I see a lot of people wanting him to get a major singles push, but as the guy he's been the last two years. Mostly hilarious with the ability to turn it serious on a dime. 

But on the other side, the big problem with Rusev being this over is that Rusev Day is basically WWE's dankest meme right now, and we've seen too much from WWE lucking into a meme like this that you never know when the bubble will burst. 

Rusev Day is hot right now, but there's too much Zack Ryder or Fandango in this push that you can perfectly buy WWE running scared with going all-in on Rusev because you never know when the other shoe is going to drop and the joke isn't funny anymore...and indeed, with a meme like this, there's the real chance that WWE going all-in on it could directly CAUSE IT to die out. 

• Like 2

Thing is, Rusev has gotten everything they've given him over (except splitting with Lana and feuding with Dolph Ziggler but I'm pretty sure Rock Cold Ric Hogan couldn't have gotten that feud over) and this isn't like Fandangoing where it happened for one day and WWE went nuts pushing it as it died. Rusev Day goes back to, what, August? And it's been getting bigger and staying over ever since. 

Sure, the bubble might pop if they go all in with it, and, yes, they might fuck it up themselves (Christ they are terrible booking faces) but what do they lose giving him a push for six weeks and seeing if it sticks? The company isn't going to lose business, and maybe it catches a bit of fire and they start selling an extra couple hundred tickets to shows.

Just as rumors of him returning to WWE full-time have been going around, Rey Mysterio Jr. (Oscar Gutierrez) looks to have been injured.

Mysterio Jr. believed last night that he had torn his left biceps in a tag team match teaming with Flip Gordon against Joey Mercury & Caleb Konley in Waterbury, Connecticut for Northeast Wrestling.

We don't have details other than he believed the muscle was torn during the match. There was heavy swelling in the arm according to those who saw him after the match but at this point we don't have confirmation of the extent of the injury.

Mysterio Jr. told Mercury during the match about the injury and Mercury was ready to call an audible on the finish, but Mysterio Jr. immediately did the set up for a double 619 and ended up getting the win for his team by pinning Konley with a splash off the top rope.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/rey-mysterio-injured-during-match-northeast-wrestling-252761

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Sure, the bubble might pop if they go all in with it, and, yes, they might fuck it up themselves (Christ they are terrible booking faces) but what do they lose giving him a push for six weeks and seeing if it sticks? The company isn't going to lose business, and maybe it catches a bit of fire and they start selling an extra couple hundred tickets to shows.

That's crazy talk.  You can't push somebody when they get over!  It's far better to sideline them while you stubbornly overpush guys who will never get over (Jinder) or were once over and just aren't trying anymore (Ziggler).

Sincerely, 

Road Dogg.

• Haha 3

As I "joked" a few days, if he gets a serious push as a singles wrestler, Creative will turn him heel and tell him to stop talking and just look scary.  Generic Scary Black Guy #100.

When he doesn't get over that way, they'll decide he has no charisma.

• Sad 1

The last thing anyone should want for their favourites right now is a main event push because if they're on Raw they'll just lose to Brock for a couple of months and then go back where they were, and if they're on SmackDown they'll be the backdrop for the Shane/Bryan feud.