DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

That's not all that surprising given how badly Vince wants in on the Saudi and Pan-Arab market. 

GOD DAMMIT PAL WE'RE RUNNING A SHOW IN A MISOGYNISTIC SHITHOLE OF A COUNTRY AND YOU'RE BITCHING ABOUT HOW MOOLAH TREATED WOMEN?

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Cornette on his podcast talked about Moolah for a bit. One thing mentioned was she was forcing her barely teen daughter to wrestle without even paying her. Kid got hurt and refused to wrestle and Moolah stopped supporting her. This is actually from an old newspaper clipping. I don't know what came of it. She obviously did not go to jail. 

The daughter ran her Moolah's bar, so I guess they were on better terms later. 

One thing Cornette said is that Stephanie is probably the only person who had no idea what sort of person Moolah was. That Moolah was like a grandmother to her. But that someone should have told her. He also wasn't sure how much Vince knew about Moolah. Based more on how little attention Vince paid to wrestling that he did not run. 

Its on youtube and is worth a listen. 

• Thanks 1

I was thinking about the current WWE roster and how it's sort of stale on my commute to work the other day and realized this. There really aren't any "short term" guys on the WWE roster anymore. Guys who show up for 2-3 years and then are let go. Practically everybody on the main roster, outside of recent NXT call ups, have been on the roster for 5 or more years. I'm thinking guys like Luther Reigns or Chris Masters or The Highlanders.......guys who show up and put in their time or a few years and then are gone. Who is the last main roster guy to be let go just a year or so in to their run? There's Enzo, but he was let go because of his own shitty circumstances and attitude. He'd most definitely still be around had all that not gone down. I think the last would be Simon Gotch? And again that's more because of his backstage attitude. Chances are The Vaudvillans could still be around. And even if there are a small handful of guys I'm not remembering, the point still stands. The current roster is full of "veterans" and that's a reason why it's so huge and, even though it's fully of super talented guys, it still feels kind of stale. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victator said:

One thing Cornette said is that Stephanie is probably the only person who had no idea what sort of person Moolah was. That Moolah was like a grandmother to her. But that someone should have told her. He also wasn't sure how much Vince knew about Moolah. Based more on how little attention Vince paid to wrestling that he did not run.

It was sort of presented as a defense of Stephanie, but if you think about it, it's really not.

• Like 1

Its not a defense, it presents her as out of touch and living in a bubble. Same with Vince to a lesser degree. 

Its a thing that shows why Yes men are bad. If someone really cared, they would pull you aside and tell you something you need to know. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

He's going to pick no one.  And as has already been predicted, Elias will come out at WM instead and steal the pin.  Book it.

I said it would be Elias as soon as Raw ended last week. I'm not a gambler, but if I were, I would bet the house on it being Elias.

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's the latest on AJ?  Is he going to be good for Mania?  

Supposed to evaluated today I think. 

I have no idea what they do if he's out.

Shane vs either KO or Sami solo, and the other one faces Nak to crown a new champion. The title was always going on Nak anyway, plus AJ comes back with a legitimate issue hopefully by Summerslam.

Guest Edwin
1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Shane vs either KO or Sami solo, and the other one faces Nak to crown a new champion. The title was always going on Nak anyway, plus AJ comes back with a legitimate issue hopefully by Summerslam.

I'd rather have KO in there against Shane as he's the original one in the feud and Sami already had an amazing match with Shinsuke in his NXT debut, so them going in a 25 minute singles at WM would be amazing.

First injury drama in a title match at 'mania since Angle's broken neck, right? In hindsight, it's bonkers how that all went down. Angle's supposed to drop it on SD to Brock and we'd get Benoit vs Brock in the main event, which...ya...know...holy fuck..Angle gets the go ahead to compete anyway,  does the quickie two week Dr. Jhu surgery I recall and ends up having a great match at 'mania that nearly sees Brock kill himself. 

I mean, I imagine they'd have to shoot AJ with a dart gun to get him out of this match. Defending the WWE title in the "main event" (of six) at the biggest show on Earth against one of his favorite opponents is such a capper on his career. Would really be awful to lose that. 

• Like 3

The thing is, if AJ can't go and a replacement is needed, they'll tease until the very last second that it's Daniel Bryan and then it'll end up being Jinder or Ziggler or Orton and they'll wonder why everyone is shitting on it or they'll misinterpret it as great heat or something. If Samoa Joe is healthy enough by now (Ambrose has a ways to go right?) that would be a good place to slot him in (even though I'm hoping he comes back to Raw and has some great matches with Roman post WM) but I don't think they'd necessarily shit on Sami. In front of that crowd, I think there's actually a good chance that anyone who they put it on for the first time (if they wanted to swerve out of Nak winning or even just announce whoever as the interim champion) would probably get the "you deserve it" treatment.