DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

26 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's a serious accusation! How likely is that scenario? 

I dunno. I can't even remember where I saw it, but it was on a website and officially called him out for it.

I think it stems from something that happened before I really engaged with any of the wrestling journos - others might have a better knowledge of what is being referenced.

47 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

That's a serious accusation! How likely is that scenario? 

Not very.  For all his faults, Bix takes journalism very seriously and is well aware of the ethics involved in the field.  Whereas Johnson has had a weird grudge against Bix for years.  I think he even tried provoking him into a fight at a show they were both at.

5 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I prefer the Blayze/Nakano RAW match which was...looking it up...4/3/95. At least, I prefer it to the Summerslam match. 

I'm bummed that no Jumping Bomb Angels/Glamour Girls matches made it on this list. JBA vs GG at WM V should be top five. 

EDIT: No wait, was it the Rumble match between JBA and GG? I can't remember now. One of them should be on the list. I remember it being awesome. 

I prefer the Blayze/Bull match on Raw Too. The Summerslam match is great but they pulled out all of the stops for the Raw Match. 

I was bummed about the lack of GG/JBA too. Hopefully if they ever go forward with women’s tag titles, they will give a little more love to those teams as well as Velvet McIntyre and Princess Victoria. 

Naming a battle royal after Andre makes sense cause he was known for winning battle royals.  There's no memorable woman associated with battle royals and no reason to name it after one other than some marketing bullshit.  Up until this year's Royal Rumble, WWE was still doing eliminations through the ropes for the women.  Really the most memorable WWE battle royal moments I can even think of were that time Gail Kim rolled out of the ring at the bell and eliminated herself and nobody noticed until she mentioned it and that time Kaitlyn accidentally won.  Those both might've been from the same match from all I can remember.

Naming it after Chyna would've been as big of a joke as Moolah cause they're clearly reaching for a female empowerment slant and she got at least one woman fired for getting into her spotlight and she refused to give the other women anything when she got integrated into the general Divas population.

They really should've just done some kind of 8-10 women leftovers tag match.  Either way, I'd say it should be on the pre-show but on the other hand I kind of want Kid Rock to play them out again just for the faux outrage whining I'm sure that would somehow cause.

39 minutes ago, BEN! said:

Naming a battle royal after Andre makes sense cause he was known for winning battle royals.  There's no memorable woman associated with battle royals and no reason to name it after one other than some marketing bullshit. 

The Heather Feather Memorial (?) Battle Royal.

• Like 1

I’m not surprised that the guy who constantly fantasy books the Stud Stable into everything doesn’t understand why people would be upset at the idea of Kid Rock playing out 20 or more women wrestlers, especially in this day and age in WWE.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BEN! said:

Naming it after Chyna would've been as big of a joke as Moolah cause they're clearly reaching for a female empowerment slant and she got at least one woman fired for getting into her spotlight and she refused to give the other women anything when she got integrated into the general Divas population.

Who she get fired? The Kat?

WWE announced that besides the 50 person Rumble on the "Greatest Rumble" show - they are gonna have 7 title matches

A whole lotta guys working twice and a whole lotta 7 minute matches

So of course this is the show they make a Network special out of it

7 titles - Universal, World, Both Tags (though I'm guessing both will be unified soon), US, IC, Women's.  (CW if the tag belts are unified.)  

That's not all that surprising given how badly Vince wants in on the Saudi and Pan-Arab market. 

The Womens Title isn't listed in the press release 

IYADH, Saudi Arabia & STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Following an agreement between His Excellency Turki Al Sheikh and WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia invites the world to the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27 at 7:00 p.m. AST to celebrate the Greatest Royal Rumble event in WWE history. Tickets will be available Saturday, March 31, and this historic event will feature seven championship matches, including the WWE Championship, Universal Championship, Intercontinental Championship, United States Championship, Raw Tag Team Championship, SmackDown Tag Team Championship and Cruiserweight Championship.

In addition to the seven Championship matches, the event will also include the first-ever 50-man Greatest Royal Rumble match.

Fans will get to see WWE Superstars John Cena™, Triple H™, Roman Reigns™, AJ Styles™, Braun Strowman™, The New Day™, Randy Orton™, Bray Wyatt™ and Shinsuke Nakamura™, among others. Additional ticket details and broadcast information will be available in the coming weeks.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

7 titles - Universal, World, Both Tags (though I'm guessing both will be unified soon), US, IC, Women's.  (CW if the tag belts are unified.)  

That's not all that surprising given how badly Vince wants in on the Saudi and Pan-Arab market. 

2d11hcm.gif

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is starting to feel like a sold show that got really, REALLY out of control somehow.