DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

The thing with Cena is that a lot of dudes aren't FUCK YEAH JOHN CENA as much as girls and kids, and when he does movies for those demos it works great.  Duke Nukem isn't for those demos really.  It's for the people that buy expensive-ass tickets specifically to boo John Cena and that doesn't work in movie theaters.

• Like 1

That's also a good point. And of the kids in Cena's demo that are gamers, I'm guessing it's probably less than 10% that give a shit about DN. It's all Fortnite and other shit now.

8 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I was a lot more pro-Cena's movie career before i saw the trailer for (Not Cock) Blockers about 100 times.

Edit: There's a Duke Nukem movie in 2018?

yeah but it'll be delayed until 2030 at least, and will be a complete mishmash of styles, concepts and production values.

And some people will like it.

• Like 5

On 3/27/2018 at 12:24 PM, RIPPA said:

Just watched the interview and, yeah, Golic deserves a pass on this one.  I guess maybe he could have asked the question differently, but saying "in time' and meaning "eventually" is not that uncommon.  For one thing, it's hard to misunderstand the question because, usually, people don't walk up to you and ask you if you can time travel.  Although I don't follow MMA hardly at all.  Are time traveling MMA fighters common?

I understood exactly what Golic was asking.  I'm guessing most people would understand the question immediately.  I'm kinda hoping Rousey was just nervous, cause otherwise.... woof. I'm really hoping she's not that dumb.  And Golic more or less tried to rephrase when he asked her if she'd go back to MMA and Rousey woodenly replied "I don't time travel".  I'm sure Golic was confused on that point, so glad she set him straight.

I think I liked Rousey better when i knew hardly anything about her and couldn't spell her first name right (just realized this morning that there's no h in it.).  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I think I liked Rousey better when i knew hardly anything about her and couldn't spell her first name right (just realized this morning that there's no h in it.  Obviously, I don't follow MMA at all). 

Agreed.  I was very much on board with what she was doing in UFC but admit to not paying much attention to anything aside from the actual fights.  Knowing what we know now I can easily say to hell with her.  She lost two fans in my wife and I, and I'm thinking it might be worth letting others I know know who still like her.

As much as we bag on Bix for whatever reasons maybe an article about what wrestling fans are getting into wouldn't hurt.

• Like 2

From what I can tell, there are mixed messages in terms of the understanding of transgender bone density and muscle growth. Ronda and Rogan were wrong to word their concerns the way that they did, and if you want to take them to town for that, that's fine. However, their concerns aren't illegitimate. Rosi Sexton, who apparex,ntly did not end up fighting Fo had a sensible and respectful approach in voicing her concerns, in my opinion. That Verge article borrows quotes from a Bloody Elbow article  by endocrinologist, Dr. Krutzik, who talks about bone density issues in trans fighters, looking at Fox's case in particular (admittedly from a distance). In non-contact sports, it's not a big issue but when it comes to throw fists and kicks, I can see cause for concern and still support trans rights.

As for the idea of Germany suppressing Nazi iconography and ideals, that's at best a band aid over the fact the country (with America/Allied help) did such a poor job of denazification. When you suppress bad ideas, they go underground and support for them grows and you end up with shit like the kebab murders in Germany.

There are also "mixed messages" about vaccinating your children, but one side is made up of lies and disproven science, while the other has fact to back it up.

Citing an article from 2013 from a ttransmisogynistic MMA blog (check the "related links" at the bottom) does not help your case.  The IOC and NCAA feel that a year of HRT is good enough for them, and even that has changed from an edict of 2 years of HRT + GCS as recently as 2015.

Do NOT bring your baseless crap to a discussion that I have to take part in nearly EVERY FUCKING DAY becauseof assholes trying to "defend" "real" women from "others"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

*looks at the date*

Late month thread drift is fucking wild.

This is a very different March than I was expecting.

Granted, I watched Eric Embry/Rip Morgan vs Baba/Rusher Kimura last night and I wasn't expecting that either. 

• Like 2