DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've heard from my sources, who were actually Bobby Heenan's sources, that Blackman calls his dong "The Leathal Weapon" and he's planning on challenging Joey Ryan to a duel.

I can’t see Ryan winning. I mean, his name is Blackman. 

*Just let me make a terrible joke.

** Fuck, this made the new page. Sorry, @RIPPA.

• Haha 2

Look everyone. In regards to trans people's rights and their ability to compete... I'm going to put this as simply as humanly fucking possible:  

Do NOT choose this hill to die on.  This is a topic that is extremely personal to me.  

I'm going to sleep soon.  Don't make me regret leaving this thread open. 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Victator said:

I doubt the contract would even hold up in court. But with how wrestling was then, they would get froze out by promoters. 

I'm honestly curious if ANY wrestling contract would hold up in court. Brock's non-compete didn't.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ace said:

I'm honestly curious if ANY wrestling contract would hold up in court. Brock's non-compete didn't.

Shane Douglas insisted on a lawyer looking over his in 95. The lawyer called it the most illegal contract he had ever seen. There was this clause saying if you die because of the WWF's direct negligence, his heirs could not sue.  Just total horse shit. 

On 3/26/2018 at 10:53 AM, Technico Support said:

Seeing the McMahon family grinning with Trump in the oval office like a bunch of hicks who had finally made it to the big city did it for me.  Haven't watched their product since, won't watch again until the big orange turd is voted out or dragged out or Vince gives up the company or dies.

do you also not watch ROH because of its association with Sinclair?

6 hours ago, Casey said:

I saw no outrage directed towards Miesha Tate for saying she wouldn’t fight Fallon Fox due to physical advantages since she was born as a man. Or Matt Mitrione for calling her an “it”. Or Joe Rogan for expressing the same doubts as Tate did.

but Rousey is more famous than all of them, so she gets the flak for her opinion (which is pretty much the same as Tate, Rogan and even Dana White).

Mitrione can fuck off for that comment but the other two are valid points and to think otherwise or shout down people who do as monsters is pure ignorance. If you end up competing in a variety of athletics and sports when transitioning MtF you're at an advantage physically. Just by speaking out about that is not bigoted, it's not transphobic, it's scientific fact - as another example there's a variety of reasons that Laurel Hubbard was able to lift 19kg more than her nearest rival and it had little to do with ability

Hormone replacement therapy adjusts bone density, muscle mass, and negates many advantages transgender athletes supposedly have.  

"According to medical experts on this issue, the assumption that a transgender girl or woman competing on a women's team would have a competitive advantage outside the range of performance and competitive advantage or disadvantage that already exists among female athletes is not supported by evidence."

Rogan's assertions about bone density, being "built different," and so on have no basis in science. As medical professionals have stated, hormone replacement therapy has a way of adjusting bone density, muscle mass, and eroding other advantages trans athletes may have. Sadly, the world seems far more interested to hear what a washed up stand-up comedian has to say than actual medical professionals, or sports governing bodies like the IOC and NCAA that have studied these issues.

• Like 2

Back to Blackman, do you think he'd have gotten more over in the current environment? I mean, he was over during the Attitude Era, but always seemed to get saddled with goofy shit rather than being an out and out ass kicker - that last gasp gimmick with Grandmaster Sexay was cringe

8 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Uhh, yeah. Watch it. It ruled. 

Looking a bit deeper into it, I guess Phil Hartman and Dave Foley are in this too. And it's on Amazon Prime, so I guess I don't really have a reason not to give it a shot. Curse you two!

• Like 1