DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Nothing ever made me stop watching, but I know of events that drove two friends away from wrestling.  The first was Starcade '97.  My friend came over and we were super hyped about the Sting/Hogan match.  Come to think of it there were a fair amount of people at school that were heavily into Crow Sting and wanted to see him win.  So we watch the show and the main event comes on.  Everything's going well until we saw Sting lose yet he didn't.  It was like a record scratch and we both asked each other "Wait, did Sting lose?"  After the wacky explanation of why it wasn't a loss we lost all interest and my friend never watched wrestling again.  And when talking with people at school about it they were just perplexed by it all and just stuck with WWF.

The second one of course is the Katie Vick angle.  My other friend would watch Raw with us and was generally amused by it all.  But once that came on we ended up watching other stuff on Mondays (had it recorded on VCR until we stopped doing Monday hangouts)

I was a lifelong WWF fan until I went to the Gulf in 1990 and even though I couldn't watch one second of the Sgt Slaughter/Iraq angle I could read about it in the Stars and Stripes newspaper. That shit was personally offensive to me and I quit watching them entirely until russo ran me off of WCW and I've never really been fully invested even then.

I tuned out of WWE when the Invasion tanked but I was already watching less and less as university kicked my ass. Tuned back in for Mania XX for the feel good moment but couldn't maintain it and then was out for sure after the Benoit incident. Started watching again when Daniel Bryan signed and, man, they didn't make that an easy road for a fan to go down.

I guess I was never fully out of wrestling in general cause I was still checking random ROH and Japanese matches, but maybe a match every two weeks most of that time.

Well, because he's showing what happens if you don't use his bail bond service. You have to make an old timey jail escape to get out. I don't know if that's better than the threat of The Lethal Weapon looming over your head tbf.

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

To be fair, Golic isn't the best at interviewing and that question was all kinds of dumb. It really did sound like he was asking Ronda about time travel.

Seriously.  "In time, could you go back?"  "So you could go back eventually?"  "Could you see yourself going back?" Just three off the top of my head, all more natural and less ridiculous than the way he phrased it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

Ronda is

1. Bad at wrestling

2. Not too bright

3. A bigot

Here's hoping Rousey "gets attacked and injured backstage" at Wrestlemania, like her compatriot, Nathan Jones.

Why #3? 

Also, what’s this about her and Nathan Jones?

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Your bar for cringe is too low. 

You want cringe? Bix may need to see a doctor, because his hard-on for Russo has lasted way more than four hours. 

He finally moved on.  To the Women's Battle Royal trophy.   No, you don't want to know.  Yes, he fill bore back to grinding his axe with WWE into powder.

The Nathan Jones thing is indeed referencing him being taken out of the tag match with Undertaker at Mania XIX because he was shit in the ring.  Seeing Rousey nearly kill Dana with that botched suplex last week brought it into perspective for me.

And yes, she hold terrible views on trans people, and when asked to apologize for them in the past has been flippant about it.