DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the WCW title had about three times as many changes in the last two years they were open than the entire decade before.

I went to wikipedia and the belt changed hands or was vacated 24 times in the year 2000.

If I'm not mistaken (which I might be, I just skimmed Wikipedia) - compare that to 1999 and 2009, where the WWE title changed hands 9 times. I think that's the most it's ever changed in a single year. Alarmingly, a real good chunk of those title reigns in 2009 was between Cena and Orton.

10 hours ago, Raziel said:

International was really only Rude, Sting, Rude, Vacant, Sting. Flair and retired.

Vacant won so many WCW titles he should be in the WWE Hall of Fame.

22 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

I went to wikipedia and the belt changed hands or was vacated 24 times in the year 2000.

Included in this is FIVE straight title runs ended with the title being vacated.  

9 hours ago, Victator said:

What are some wrestling angles that make you say "Fuck this, I'm done"? 

Seeing the McMahon family grinning with Trump in the oval office like a bunch of hicks who had finally made it to the big city did it for me.  Haven't watched their product since, won't watch again until the big orange turd is voted out or dragged out or Vince gives up the company or dies.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Victator said:

What are some wrestling angles that make you say "Fuck this, I'm done"? 

Stopped watching for the duration of Hulk's last WWE title reign in 2002.  Kind of dumb, but I'm not sure I missed anything amazing either.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Stopped watching for the duration of Hulk's last WWE title reign in 2002.  Kind of dumb, but I'm not sure I missed anything amazing either.

I don't begrudge you your opinion, but IMO 2002 wily veteran Hogan was a lot of fun while it lasted. I went to a Smackdown taping shortly after they put the title on him, and ive never heard a louder pop in that building for anyone, not even The Rock or Flair

• Like 1

I wasn't aware of the behind the scenes details of this, one of the best promos ever:

The Miz delivered a career-best promo on the 23 August 2016 edition of Talking Smack. Losing his cool, he berated Daniel Bryan and started to shoot on how important his work had been to the WWE machine when others undervalued it.

The promo only happened because Miz was irked by officials backstage telling him they "didn't have time" to feature the Intercontinental Title.

On Booker T's Heated Conversations podcast, Miz told how he stood slack-jawed as WWE informed him they wanted to push the new Tag Team and Women's Titles to the forefront of SmackDown, and that would mean less TV time for him and the IC belt. Immediately after hearing he wouldn't be on that night's show, Miz requested time on Talking Smack.

Unbeknownst to WWE, they were the ones who pushed Miz's buttons and pulled a fiery verbal performance out of him. Frustrated and angry that management seemingly didn't value him or the title, The Miz lost it on Talking Smack and forced his way back into WWE's plans.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

What is with all the speculation that Undertaker is coming back as Bikertaker?  Is it because Kid Rock's going into the HOF?

That, Cena bringing up Undertaker's wife, Biker Taker giving Cena props when Cena debuted against Kurt Angle in 2002 so things going back full circle. 'Taker posted a photo of him as Bikertaker back in the day also.

There's also the joke riding a bike at WrestleMania will be quicker than the Dead Man's.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

It's funny how the whole time he was Biker Taker everyone wanted him to go back to the deadman gimmick. Now here we are, 14 years later doing the opposite

Most of those 14 years have been filled with dogshit angles and promos. It's never hurt Taker because he was already bulletproof, but the supernatural stuff he's had to do would have screwed up most other wrestlers' careers. 

23 hours ago, sabremike said:

Wait, they're stealing R Kelly's gimmick now?

For the record I just want everyone to know I came up with that line while I was trapped in a closet.

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

Most of those 14 years have been filled with dogshit angles and promos. It's never hurt Taker because he was already bulletproof, but the supernatural stuff he's had to do would have screwed up most other wrestlers' careers. 

Forget fourteen years. Here's a quick reminder of what was happening a little more than three months after his return as the Deadman:

Spoiler

20040627_concrete--d05d35b89820c31aabf13

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rows said:

So on top of that rumble and all those title matches, they're doing HHH/Cena as well.

They also confirmed that there would be no women on the show but pretty please don't focus on that.

REVOLUTION~!

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

What is with all the speculation that Undertaker is coming back as Bikertaker?  Is it because Kid Rock's going into the HOF?

Just to clarify - it all started because of random internet speculation, not because anyone reported it

Some of it came from people made the leap because of Kid Rock and some people made the leap because of linking it to McCool

We should know either tonight or next week