DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

19 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Lars like someone mistakenly put Bruno in the dishwasher, when he’s supposed to hand scrubbed. 

Dont read that as something perverted, you perverts. 

And don’t tell him I said that. 

You ain't bullshitting. That's hella crazy.

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They're still together. In fact, their new album "Mindfucker" came out today. Since we're talking Monster Magnet on a wrestling message board, I might as well post this, with an updated twist:

Always loved Wyndorf's voice. Perfect for metal/hard rock.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Thought this was pretty awesome. It reminded me of the first time Chris Hero and the CZW crewed stormed an ROH ring for the first time in the ROH v. CZW feud.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:34 PM, Shibata Is My Homie said:

It's a joke and get over yourself. Not everything has to be politically correct. 

Cool your jets, junior. You made a joke in rather poor taste, I responded with one in equally poor taste, you just happened to be the butt of it. Pretend that you're Bach and try to compose yourself, (Thanks, folks! I'll be here all week... Tip the veal and try the waitress; eeeef you weeeeel...)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Edwin said:

Thought this was pretty awesome. It reminded me of the first time Chris Hero and the CZW crewed stormed an ROH ring for the first time in the ROH v. CZW feud.

Damn. Angle development 5 miles away from me and I missed it.

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

Cool your jets, junior. You made a joke in rather poor taste, I responded with one in equally poor taste, you just happened to be the butt of it. Pretend that you're Bach and try to compose yourself, (Thanks, folks! I'll be here all week... Tip the veal and try the waitress; eeeef you weeeeel...)

How was it in poor taste? 

Not totally unexpected, but Bray Wyatt has been on the house show loop this weekend working the same gimmick he had before the Ultimate Deletion match. I guess it’s worth noting that Hardy came out, basically said he was Wyatt’s only salvation, and then they fought for like 5 seconds before Hardy gave him a Twist of Fate. 

31 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

How was it in poor taste? 

Do you really need someone to explain to you why a joke about Omega and Ibushi urinating on each other is in poor taste?  Because I feel like it should be very obvious.

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Casey said:

Not totally unexpected, but Bray Wyatt has been on the house show loop this weekend working the same gimmick he had before the Ultimate Deletion match. I guess it’s worth noting that Hardy came out, basically said he was Wyatt’s only salvation, and then they fought for like 5 seconds before Hardy gave him a Twist of Fate. 

You expected Creative to do something... I dunno.... creative with Bray?

On 3/23/2018 at 5:41 PM, Shibata Is My Homie said:

They probably just like to piss on each other. They are the Golden Lovers by golly

Wait, they're stealing R Kelly's gimmick now?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Got involved in a conversation about wrestling with a guy at the bar last night. The topic of WrestleMania came up and he said he was watching through the old WrestleManias with his son and that they were currently at WrestleMania 6. I then rolled through every match from the WM 6 card off the top of my head. I have a hard time remembering even the main event from the last few Manias, yet can name at least 4-6 matches from the first 10 Manias, and at least two of the big matches up through 24 or 25. I think there's just too much wrestling on these days and it all blends together and nothing stands out as really memorable or special (to me anyway) anymore.

I can rattle off the early Mania's pretty easily. It starts to get a little more difficult around 11. From the late teens to present day, I can probably get a few matches from each, but I couldn't rattle off the entire card.

1 hour ago, MonteCarl said:

Got involved in a conversation about wrestling with a guy at the bar last night. The topic of WrestleMania came up and he said he was watching through the old WrestleManias with his son and that they were currently at WrestleMania 6. I then rolled through every match from the WM 6 card off the top of my head. I have a hard time remembering even the main event from the last few Manias, yet can name at least 4-6 matches from the first 10 Manias, and at least two of the big matches up through 24 or 25. I think there's just too much wrestling on these days and it all blends together and nothing stands out as really memorable or special (to me anyway) anymore.

I used to be able to name every WWF/E champion in order and tell you when and where they lost the title. I can get up to about Cena and Batista's first reigns and that's it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

Not to say he won't just be back as Bray on tv tomorrow, but it is on a house show so it doesn't necessarily mean much unless WWE points it out themselves.

Sounds like Bray is there because he was advertised and they did an angle to acknowledge TV. I bet he turns up as Sister Abigail.