DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 hours ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

They probably just like to piss on each other. They are the Golden Lovers by golly

I pointed out in the merch thread wearing a Golden Lovers shirt in public could have people think you're advertising your love of golden showers.

BTW, you know you're too drunk when a German dominatrix won't piss on you because she feels like she'd be taking advantage of you. It was New Year's '99 into 2000 with former members of Monster Magnet in Red Bank, NJ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I pointed out in the merch thread wearing a Golden Lovers shirt in public could have people think you're advertising your love of golden showers.

That would still make it less embarrassing than most wrestling shirts I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I was wondering if we have any LGBT folks on the board who might be comfortable giving their opinion on this article? 

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2018/03/kenny-omega-and-kota-ibushis-relationship-is-a-cru.html

Ok. I'm ace, instead of gay or bi though. 

For them to be a crucial step, they'd need to actually come out. This puts them behind folks like Fred Rosser, Sonya DeVille, Mike Parrow and Jake Atlas (making his debut at PWG tonight)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

BTW, you know you're too drunk when a German dominatrix won't piss on you because she feels like she'd be taking advantage of you. It was New Year's '99 into 2000 with former members of Monster Magnet in Red Bank, NJ.

On 3/22/2018 at 2:00 PM, FluffSnackwell said:

Perhaps he shits in his hat and Ganso bombs his foes into his bowel leavings. Husky Harris sure ain't no Cactus Jack.

Is it April yet?

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Ok. I'm ace, instead of gay or bi though. 

For them to be a crucial step, they'd need to actually come out. This puts them behind folks like Fred Rosser, Sonya DeVille, Mike Parrow and Jake Atlas (making his debut at PWG tonight)

I coulda swore Kenny came out as openly bi, he just doesn't make any kind of deal about it.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Monster Magnet was a very underrated band. 

Just now, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Monster Magnet was a very underrated band. 

They're still together. In fact, their new album "Mindfucker" came out today. Since we're talking Monster Magnet on a wrestling message board, I might as well post this, with an updated twist:

41 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I coulda swore Kenny came out as openly bi, he just doesn't make any kind of deal about it.

The difference between him and those other wrestlers—those I recognize, at least—is that Kenny Omega the character has brought it up dozens of times, but the real person has always deflected. Which is totally valid. Every month now it seems there’s a wreddit thread trying to sleuth the matter, people on twitter tracking everything he likes, etc., which all kinda makes me uncomfortable. I get that “where does kayfabe begin and end?” is classic pro wrestling, but. (I’m also aware of the sentiment within the queer community that celebrities have an obligation to be out, in order to better affect change; but I don’t think it’s right to make that demand of anyone.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

If I recall correctly, he said he "doesn't know what he is".

5 hours ago, Rick said:

ba6yugrv35001.jpg

Lars like someone mistakenly put Bruno in the dishwasher, when he’s supposed to hand scrubbed. 

Dont read that as something perverted, you perverts. 

And don’t tell him I said that. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Lars like someone mistakenly put Bruno in the dishwasher, when he’s supposed to hand scrubbed. 

Dont read that as something perverted, you perverts. 

And don’t tell him I said that. 

You ain't bullshitting. That's hella crazy.

18 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They're still together. In fact, their new album "Mindfucker" came out today. Since we're talking Monster Magnet on a wrestling message board, I might as well post this, with an updated twist:

Always loved Wyndorf's voice. Perfect for metal/hard rock.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

Thought this was pretty awesome. It reminded me of the first time Chris Hero and the CZW crewed stormed an ROH ring for the first time in the ROH v. CZW feud.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:34 PM, Shibata Is My Homie said:

It's a joke and get over yourself. Not everything has to be politically correct. 

Cool your jets, junior. You made a joke in rather poor taste, I responded with one in equally poor taste, you just happened to be the butt of it. Pretend that you're Bach and try to compose yourself, (Thanks, folks! I'll be here all week... Tip the veal and try the waitress; eeeef you weeeeel...)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Edwin said:

Thought this was pretty awesome. It reminded me of the first time Chris Hero and the CZW crewed stormed an ROH ring for the first time in the ROH v. CZW feud.

Damn. Angle development 5 miles away from me and I missed it.

11 hours ago, OSJ said:

Cool your jets, junior. You made a joke in rather poor taste, I responded with one in equally poor taste, you just happened to be the butt of it. Pretend that you're Bach and try to compose yourself, (Thanks, folks! I'll be here all week... Tip the veal and try the waitress; eeeef you weeeeel...)

How was it in poor taste? 

Not totally unexpected, but Bray Wyatt has been on the house show loop this weekend working the same gimmick he had before the Ultimate Deletion match. I guess it’s worth noting that Hardy came out, basically said he was Wyatt’s only salvation, and then they fought for like 5 seconds before Hardy gave him a Twist of Fate.