DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

30 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

hope theres a scene in Infinity War where they're all fighting Thanos. And then Smashmouth hits, and Shrek turns up...only to get his throat graphically ripped out by Thanos, and everyone just resumes what they were doing before hand.

30 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

wrong thread, my bad.

There's never a wrong thread for that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remember when we all thought Bray was gonna be the next Undertaker? 

Anyone know why he's being booked like this? Does he have heat backstage? Does Vince not get the gimmick?

This guy was going to be a money main event option for years and now he is jobbing out to Matt Hardy on pre-taped RAW vignette matches.

30 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Remember when we all thought Bray was gonna be the next Undertaker? 

Anyone know why he's being booked like this? Does he have heat backstage? Does Vince not get the gimmick?

This guy was going to be a money main event option for years and now he is jobbing out to Matt Hardy on pre-taped RAW vignette matches.

Dude’s constantly in a featured position and is always working with acts which are treated like big deals. They love him. They just don’t know how to show it.

Also, that pre-tape was a major main event segment. Let’s have some perspective. 

From a fan perspective, he clearly needs a fresh coat of paint. But he’s essentially the new Kane. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

If they could throw Vader in the HOF before his health catches up with him, that’d be great. 

Is he really that bad off? I’m not trying to be crass here, but it just seems like he’s been posting about dying 4-5 times a year, for the past few years now. 

• Like 2

Title history question:

I'm building my massive World tag Champs off of Fire Pro Wrestling templates and I have a question about a mismatch on Wiki and Cage match:

Kintaro Ohki supposedly held tag titles in the WWA/NWA Los Angeles territory.

Wiki has it as Ohki and Mr. Moto.  Wiki points you to the actor Mr. Moto, but if you look up Tor Kamata, it lists him as Ohki's partner.  

Cagematch lists that Moto partner as Charlie Chirauhi.

Anyone up on their title histories know which is right?

Bray has absolutely ran his course in this gimmick. Every person he's feuded with for the last like year and a half has come out of it significantly less over than he went in. 

He hasn't had a notably good singles match in a long ass time either.

Some of it is booking, but he's certainly not making a good argument for himself either. 

I hope he's off for awhile and comes back at least with some shifts in the character. Although doing it three weeks before Mania is bad timing for him.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Is he really that bad off? I’m not trying to be crass here, but it just seems like he’s been posting about dying 4-5 times a year, for the past few years now. 

He apparently had heart surgery last week

WWE's 2018 so far:

Andrade Almas vs. Johnny Gargano classic.

EC III back in WWE.

Shinsuke Nakamura wins the men's Royal Rumble match.

First Women's Royal Rumble match won by Asuka.

Ronda Rousey in WWE.

The longest RAW match ever, the gauntlet match where Seth Rollins goes over an hour.

First Women's Elimination Chamber match

AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura at WrestleMania XXXIV

John Cena vs. The Undertaker is probably happening at WrestleMania XXXIV

Daniel Bryan is cleared to wrestle again.

WOW. WOW. WOW.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

Title history question:

I'm building my massive World tag Champs off of Fire Pro Wrestling templates and I have a question about a mismatch on Wiki and Cage match:

Kintaro Ohki supposedly held tag titles in the WWA/NWA Los Angeles territory.

Wiki has it as Ohki and Mr. Moto.  Wiki points you to the actor Mr. Moto, but if you look up Tor Kamata, it lists him as Ohki's partner.  

Cagematch lists that Moto partner as Charlie Chirauhi.

Anyone up on their title histories know which is right?

It was Tor Kamata working under the gimmick name of Mr Moto.

9 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Not quite that long IIRC. But my charitable reading of that is sometimes health problems beget more health problems. 

4 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

And was told he had months to live this time last year. 

And year before that car accident.

Always around Wrestlemania time. 

I know what you're saying, and it wouldn't be the most surprising thing to occur. But I love Vader, so I put on blinders occasionally. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I know what you're saying, and it wouldn't be the most surprising thing to occur. But I love Vader, so I put on blinders occasionally. 

Just go ahead and believe him.

If you do, the worst outcome is you got worked by an old carny trying to get one last moment in the spotlight.

If you don't, the worst outcome is you cynically mistrusted a dying man's last wish because you didn't want to be a mark.

Pascal's Kayfabe.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Undertaker has had the High Plains Drifter aura for most of his career. Sure, he had his cult leader phase, which was about as spooky and mysterious as the Dungeon of Doom. However since the Streak began, it has been nothing but having to address little pricks' wishes for him to have one last gunfight with them. I always saw Bray as more of a Mason the Mutilator garden variety lunatic, who got educated enough to realize he'd rather lead his own cult than be some mortician's gimp. I have no idea what Bray's Mr. Socko will turn out to be if his character ever takes a similar turn to Mankind. Perhaps he shits in his hat and Ganso bombs his foes into his bowel leavings. Husky Harris sure ain't no Cactus Jack.

• Haha 1