DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's the latest on AJ?  Is he going to be good for Mania?  

Supposed to evaluated today I think. 

I have no idea what they do if he's out.

Shane vs either KO or Sami solo, and the other one faces Nak to crown a new champion. The title was always going on Nak anyway, plus AJ comes back with a legitimate issue hopefully by Summerslam.

Guest Edwin
1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Shane vs either KO or Sami solo, and the other one faces Nak to crown a new champion. The title was always going on Nak anyway, plus AJ comes back with a legitimate issue hopefully by Summerslam.

I'd rather have KO in there against Shane as he's the original one in the feud and Sami already had an amazing match with Shinsuke in his NXT debut, so them going in a 25 minute singles at WM would be amazing.

First injury drama in a title match at 'mania since Angle's broken neck, right? In hindsight, it's bonkers how that all went down. Angle's supposed to drop it on SD to Brock and we'd get Benoit vs Brock in the main event, which...ya...know...holy fuck..Angle gets the go ahead to compete anyway,  does the quickie two week Dr. Jhu surgery I recall and ends up having a great match at 'mania that nearly sees Brock kill himself. 

I mean, I imagine they'd have to shoot AJ with a dart gun to get him out of this match. Defending the WWE title in the "main event" (of six) at the biggest show on Earth against one of his favorite opponents is such a capper on his career. Would really be awful to lose that. 

• Like 3

The thing is, if AJ can't go and a replacement is needed, they'll tease until the very last second that it's Daniel Bryan and then it'll end up being Jinder or Ziggler or Orton and they'll wonder why everyone is shitting on it or they'll misinterpret it as great heat or something. If Samoa Joe is healthy enough by now (Ambrose has a ways to go right?) that would be a good place to slot him in (even though I'm hoping he comes back to Raw and has some great matches with Roman post WM) but I don't think they'd necessarily shit on Sami. In front of that crowd, I think there's actually a good chance that anyone who they put it on for the first time (if they wanted to swerve out of Nak winning or even just announce whoever as the interim champion) would probably get the "you deserve it" treatment.

Guest Edwin

Does anyone know where I can watch that highly praised Black Terry Wotan match? I can't seem to find that in full anywhere. If anyone can hook me up, I can Paypal them a few bucks.

4 hours ago, Hagan said:

First injury drama in a title match at 'mania since Angle's broken neck, right? In hindsight, it's bonkers how that all went down. Angle's supposed to drop it on SD to Brock and we'd get Benoit vs Brock in the main event, which...ya...know...holy fuck..Angle gets the go ahead to compete anyway,  does the quickie two week Dr. Jhu surgery I recall and ends up having a great match at 'mania that nearly sees Brock kill himself.

The postscript to this match as talked about on last week's Bruce Prichard podcast is bonkers. Both guys in bad shape and refusing to let anyone see it.

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

I asked this elsewhere and I feel I should ask this here too -- what are some of the best hated filled, violent, bloody brawls on the WWE Network, Highspots Wrestling Network, Powerbomb.TV, YouTube or Dailymotion to watch?

The Slaughter/Patterson alley match in MSG from ‘81. That’s a solid fight. They beat the piss out of each other. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2018 at 3:56 PM, RIPPA said:

Hoo Boo

WWE.com did a "Top 10 Best Women's Matches in WWE History"

10) Women's Royal Rumble Match

9) Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano - Summerslam '94

8) Charlotte vs. Bayley - Raw (02/13/17)

7) Paige vs. Emma - NXT ARRIVAL

6) Trish Stratus vs. Lita - RAW (12/06/04)

5) NXT Women's 4-Way - Takeover Rival

4) Asuka vs. Ember Moon - Takeover Brooklyn III

3) Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch - Wrestlemania 32

2) Charlotte vs. Sasha - RAW (07/25/16)

1) Bayley vs. Sasha - Takeover Brooklyn

Well they tried...

EDIT - Article Link http://www.wwe.com/article/10-best-womens-matches-wwe-history?sf184826496=1

Yeesh. I'd have:

10. Trish Stratus vs. Lita. RAW, 6th December 2004.

9. Asuka vs. Sasha Banks. RAW, 29th January 2018.

8. Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano. SummerSlam 1994.

7. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch. WrestleMania XXXII.

6. Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte. Hell in a Cell 2016.

5. WWE Women's Royal Rumble match 2018.

4. Asuka vs. Ember Moon. NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn III.

3. Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks, WWE RAW 28th November 2016.

2. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley, NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 2015.

1. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks, NXT TakeOver: Respect 2015.

13 hours ago, Hagan said:

I mean, I imagine they'd have to shoot AJ with a dart gun to get him out of this match. Defending the WWE title in the "main event" (of six) at the biggest show on Earth against one of his favorite opponents is such a capper on his career. Would really be awful to lose that. 

On the other hand, AJ is a homophobe and Islamaphobe, so fuck him.

It would be a great wrinkle in the Cena/Taker build to have Cena be on the verge of earning his way into the match, only for old ABA to come out and cost him. Then Rusev wins the title shot.

It would probably be Jinder though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

The Slaughter/Patterson alley match in MSG from ‘81. That’s a solid fight. They beat the piss out of each other. 

Patterson for the cheap pop with the t-shirt, Yankees cap. Surprised that Patterson didn't even bleed in this match. Slaughter made Patterson look unbeatable in this match. Fun fact: Patterson received a title shot against Backlund on this date.

WWF @ Springfield
1981/11/08 @ Springfield Civic Center in Springfield, Massachusetts (United States of America)
Bob Backlund (c) defeated Pat Patterson [WWF Heavyweight Title]