DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

Funny that you should mention this, I was just telling a friend yesterday that naming the event after Luna would make perfect sense and give no one cause for complaint.

Luna's out for the same reason Chyna, Sherri, and Elizabeth would be. Death by drug overdose.

I was listening to The Bar on the Edge and Christian pod, and Shaemus said that The Bar got their name because at first they wanted to do a Thumbs Up during their entrance pose, but they felt that Trump ruined the " thumbs up".

So they did the halfway thumbs, it looked like a bar, so they workshopped it into "The Bar." :lol:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zartan said:

How about we just call it the “Honorary Trish Stratus Wrestlemania Women’s Battle Royale” 

She was pretty much doing or trying to do what the women are today in the ring but with way less talented ppl to do it with like 20 years ago and she still gets a reaction and is remembered.

Might as well start getting some people that are alive some credit since were already down to Jeff Jarrett HoF main event.

And most importantly we get to see Trish more perhaps and no I will not settle down because you know I’m right! 

My guess is in her early 40s, Trish does not want a battle royal named after her in place of a woman who was half dust in 1985. 

3 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I was listening to The Bar on the Edge and Christian pod, and Shaemus said that The Bar got their name because at first they wanted to do a Thumbs Up during their entrance pose, but they felt that Trump ruined the " thumbs up".

So they did the halfway thumbs, it looked like a bar, so they workshopped it into "The Bar." :lol:

There is no way they weren't drinking when they came up with that, is there?

11 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

There is no way they weren't drinking when they came up with that, is there?

Well, I’m sure Shaemus was but Cesaro doesn’t drink. It’s why he awkwardly doesn’t take a sip of the Guinness at the end of that bar brawl skit they did that established them as being on the same page. 

• Like 1

It should be the Andy Kauffman Memorial Battle Royal. There can be a mysterious masked entrant who no one can identify. The masked entrant wins and (you see where this is going, right?), they unmask to reveal Kauffman himself and he’s once again crowned World Inter-gender Champion! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I prefer the Blayze/Nakano RAW match which was...looking it up...4/3/95. At least, I prefer it to the Summerslam match. 

Also, Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch at Takeover: Unstoppable is at worst the second best women's match the company has ever had. The '80s NWA-style arm work was class. Fuck man, it was so good. I need to watch it again sometime.

I'm bummed that no Jumping Bomb Angels/Glamour Girls matches made it on this list. JBA vs GG at WM V should be top five. 

EDIT: No wait, was it the Rumble match between JBA and GG? I can't remember now. One of them should be on the list. I remember it being awesome. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, OSJ said:

99% of the people that use Twitter would be better off if they didn't.

My feed is glorious. Following almost no one helps.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

I prefer the Blayze/Nakano RAW match which was...looking it up...4/3/95. At least, I prefer it to the Summerslam match. 

Also, Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch at Takeover: Unstoppable is at worst the second best women's match the company has ever had. The '80s NWA-style arm work was class. Fuck man, it was so good. I need to watch it again sometime.

I'm bummed that no Jumping Bomb Angels/Glamour Girls matches made it on this list. JBA vs GG at WM V should be top five. 

Sasha/Becky might not even make top 5 for me though at the same time it would be top 10 at worst.

I concur about the lack of any JBA vs. GG.

38 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

EDIT: No wait, was it the Rumble match between JBA and GG? I can't remember now. One of them should be on the list. I remember it being awesome. 

All of their matches are great, that’s not even an exaggeration. The thing I am pissed at, upon hearing about it from a Leilani Kai shoot, was that they were supposed to have a rematch at The SummerSlam and Moolah fucked it up, because of course she did. 

I think the story was that they had a string of dates in Japan prior to The SummerSlam and the JBA’s were supposed to go over every match, leading into the rematch for the belts. Moolah, the liaison and sack of shit, purposely told the promoters that “Vince” wanted a title change on the card. They did as “Vince” dictated, and fucked up the scheduled ppv match, so they canned it and the belts. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

All of their matches are great, that’s not even an exaggeration. The thing I am pissed at, upon hearing about it from a Leilani Kai shoot, was that they were supposed to have a rematch at The SummerSlam and Moolah fucked it up, because of course she did. 

I think the story was that they had a string of dates in Japan prior to The SummerSlam and the JBA’s were supposed to go over every match, leading into the rematch for the belts. Moolah, the liaison and sack of shit, purposely told the promoters that “Vince” wanted a title change on the card. They did as “Vince” dictated, and fucked up the scheduled ppv match, so they canned it and the belts. 

That is what happened. I don't even know what Moolah had to gain from it. Just being a piece of shit for the hell of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AquariumDrinker said:

Can anyone shed some light on this?

The only thing I'm aware of that somewhat covers part of this is that I seem to remember there being reference to Bix plagiarising on the website. That is something I vaguely remember being brought up when I first started using Twitter properly a couple of years back.

10 minutes ago, Liam said:

The only thing I'm aware of that somewhat covers part of this is that I seem to remember there being reference to Bix plagiarising on the website. That is something I vaguely remember being brought up when I first started using Twitter properly a couple of years back.

That's a serious accusation! How likely is that scenario?