DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

6 minutes ago, caley said:

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't they just pivot to Mildred Burke? She's already a HOFer. Is there some Burke scandal I'm not aware of?

I theorized in one of the twenty threads we've been talking about this in that it's because they don't have footage of her. Not only are the McMahons attached to Moolah for various reasons, they have tape of her from just about every era in the company's history. 

15 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Was it ROH who started that whole being-a-barnacle during Wrestlemania weekend to try and get additional exposure?

Yeah, RoH started to bring in Dragon Gate guys, then RoH and D-Gate USA did it, then every other indy joined in.

6 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I theorized in one of the twenty threads we've been talking about this in that it's because they don't have footage of her. Not only are the McMahons attached to Moolah for various reasons, they have tape of her from just about every era in the company's history. 

They also probably don't want to deal with whomever owns the rights to her name/likeness/etc.

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

The paint by that point was a little better than the rubber figures from a few years prior. None of my new generation figures made it anyway because my brother would chew on the limbs and then there would just be exposed wire underneath that made them look like they had hook hands. 

The paint on the early Titan Tron Live ones had very cheap paint. The paint would chip off in various areas. It sucks collecting figures of guys who only got figures in that era.

1 hour ago, caley said:

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't they just pivot to Mildred Burke? She's already a HOFer. Is there some Burke scandal I'm not aware of?

Aside from reasons already mentioned I would guess because fans already have awareness of Moolah due the Attitude era and WWE's continued mentions of her. How many are really aware of Burke outside of smarks? Of course even with that it makes little sense why they couldn't have gone with Chyna or Sherri.

32 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Plus there is roughly zero chance the Cubs will let anyone except baseball players, crew, and umpires on their field mid-season. 

Ehhh - they have summer concerts at Wrigley when the Cubs are on the road (the usual Pearl Jam/Foo Fighters/Zac Brown Band/etc.) Not many nights in total, but a non-baseball event isn't impossible. 

12 minutes ago, Hamhock said:

Ehhh - they have summer concerts at Wrigley when the Cubs are on the road (the usual Pearl Jam/Foo Fighters/Zac Brown Band/etc.) Not many nights in total, but a non-baseball event isn't impossible. 

Actually, a lot of nights now. They went from one concert during the season to, man, a lot of concerts now. The Foo Fighters one was still the biggest and they're coming back this year too. After the upgrades to the field, it doesn't get torn up that badly.

In any event, there won't be any wrestling events in Chicago, but I'd like to see Vince TRY to run the United Center. It's been forever since he did. I know cost was one concern, but was that it?

8 minutes ago, nate said:

I admit to morbid curiosity ... dude had 85 Molly Holly figures in that video.

Yes, with paint worn out on the boobs.

All 170 of them.

He didn’t even dump them all in the bin, so there’s more. I bet he shelled out $3k for her used top.