DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

What the hell is Steph trying to say here? "Thank you for informing us about Moolah's past. We were not aware of that."? "Thank you for telling us that you think real-life pimpin' ain't eas... cool. We did not think you would feel that way."?

• Haha 1

"Ok, fine, we took the name off. You'll watch anyway. Happy now?"

Steph is simultaneously really good at playing a heel caricature of a corporate shill who long ago sold her soul for money and power and really bad at actually BEING a corporate shill who sounds like she HASN'T long ago sold her soul for money and power.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Robert s said:

What the hell is Steph trying to say here? 

"We told Dad this wasn't a good idea, but he was all "God damn pal, people will like what I tell 'em to like! HA! God damn!" Don't worry we'll change it"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

Ok Jesus people, settle down. WWE backing off, getting rid of the name and pretending they never did the dumb thing is a WIN. Like, if you want ACTUAL remorse, overthrow capitalism.

image1_zpspnurafod.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And that's why in order for changes to happen the investors/sponsors need to know what's going on.  Glad they changed it in time for the show even if it shouldn't have been a thing to begin with.

Now to come up with a way to get Snickers upset about Kevin Dunn and the billion camera cuts.

And the other new(to me, at least) thing he’s been doing which is just as annoying: changing camera angles right at the moment of contact on a big spot. 

• Like 2

WWE should be smart: They could just apologize and then name it for Sweet Georgia Brown to show how understanding and totally not-racist, not-sexist that they are, but they're run by a racist, sexist lunatic, so to get back at the fans, Roman Reigns is DEFINITELY going to win in the main even and do his little shotgun-cocking motion for twenty minutes in front of a booing crowd, followed by Vince coming out on the next RAW to take potshots at the "snowflakes" who can't handle that VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON put on the biggest WrestleMania EVERRRRRR. 

Note: I haven't seen RAW in over a year, but I'll check the RAW thread the day after WM to see how close I got with this prediction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peck said:

And the other new(to me, at least) thing he’s been doing which is just as annoying: changing camera angles right at the moment of contact on a big spot. 

My absolute least favorite is the slow motion replay that goes back to full speed right before impact. Like, I get it if you are covering up that Nak's knee didn't actually go into a face, but when they speed back up to hide the bump on a superplex or some shit...

7 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

WWE should be smart: They could just apologize and then name it for Sweet Georgia Brown to show how understanding and totally not-racist, not-sexist that they are, but they're run by a racist, sexist lunatic, so to get back at the fans, Roman Reigns is DEFINITELY going to win in the main even and do his little shotgun-cocking motion for twenty minutes in front of a booing crowd, followed by Vince coming out on the next RAW to take potshots at the "snowflakes" who can't handle that VINCENT KENNEDY MCMAHON put on the biggest WrestleMania EVERRRRRR. 

These things will have no connection.

They did the right thing and walked it back. Can we please stop being paranoid? 

17 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

These things will have no connection.

They did the right thing and walked it back. Can we please stop being paranoid? 

Hmmm...

No. 

39 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I wonder why they went nameless and not to something like like "Miss Elizabeth Memorial Battle Royal"?

It was probably on the Deadspin piece where he said everyone else was sketchy for dying of drugs or somesuch; I imagine that was the case for Liz. 

• Like 1

This is the right move. Focus on the present, not the spatterings of women wrestling that are either kind of crummy, wildly exploitative, so tragic that they're bad for PR, or have nothing to do with the WWWF/WWF/WWE.

I do hope they put the Glamour Girls into the HOF at some point because they were kind of great.

• Like 1

The Miss Madness Invitational.

In honor of the original winner of that tournament, Molly Holly, you can still have Elizabeth as the figure head on the trophy. Lanny Poffo can be the guest ring announcer, Lex Luger can present the trophy to the winner, as per probable requests in his will ("Lanny will tell you over....and....over.....and over again yeahhhh you know what you did yeah. Dig it."), before being locked in a room in the basement until the conclusion of the show.

57 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I do hope they put the Glamour Girls into the HOF at some point because they were kind of great.

I’m here for this. Judy Martin and Leilani Kai are Two kick ass wrestlers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Might not be safe enough. Don't need this guy voicing his surely reasonable anger to Snickers:

I'm imagining that guy's parents calling to check in on him immediately after he shot that.

"No mom, things are going great."