DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

16 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

Vince playing a role similar to that angry old guy in Manhattan who runs into a top floor of a building fleeing from Jason but teleports up there and throws him through a window would make my life complete. 

Naw, its gotta be Crazy Ralph getting garroted in 2. Whole costume too

THE YET-TAY! wasn't a mummy.  After he thawed out, the mummy wraps were supposed to eventually come off and he would've been in the Giant Gonzales bodysuit but with white fur.  So he would've been a big nekkid giant that humped guys from behind.

1 minute ago, mattdangerously said:

That may have been the weirdest booking decision in WCW history.

That covers a lot of ground there.  Not sure it's the weirdest.  But likely Top 10.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BEN! said:

THE YET-TAY! wasn't a mummy.  After he thawed out, the mummy wraps were supposed to eventually come off and he would've been in the Giant Gonzales bodysuit but with white fur.  So he would've been a big nekkid giant that humped guys from behind.

I have never heard this before. Would there have been a mask involved, or it would have been Reis' big bald head and a furry suit?

On 3/4/2018 at 12:23 AM, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Correct because Carbs is a filler. You can eat all the Protein you want and lose weight and your appetite will decrease ( at least that what happened to me). When you just say cut back your Protein calories by 10% and replace them with Carbs, the weight will still come back and you will want to eat even more. My advice would be to count calories and eat well balanced meals instead of cutting Carbs completely out. Maybe do 40/40/20 (Carbs is the 20) or even lower on the Carbs. 

Probably we should just have another diet thread, but I've been following the Slow Carb (basically means beans and lentils as only carbs) regime for 8 weeks now. That probably sees me do approx 300-400 calories (based on approx. one can of beans per day, plus a bit of lemon juice, a few tomatoes, bit of carbs from other veggoes) as carbs out of around 2000, except for cheat day when..... :-)

Actually today is cheat day, and I'm sucking on an sugared energy drink but more out of duty than desire. I'm not even craving frites, and I'm in Brussels.

I haven't been weighing myself, but have lost weight solidly on this diet so far.

Eating sardines, beans and spinach for breakfast on the regular takes a bit of getting used to but it happens. I have toyed with switching to some kind of 'bulletproof coffee' breakfast and/or eating a carb-free dinner (save maybe a touch of honey in some bedtime tea) I am toying with going carb free at dinner moving forward, but pretty much as a long-term lifestyle change rather than a process that I stop.

In short I agree, stick with carbs at 10-20% but don't see all carbs as equal and definitely don't do anything that you're not prepared to integrate into your life moving forward - a good reason to build the limited potential for cheat meals in.

Right, rant over - I'm off to eat a Snickers bar like Mr. Pitt.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I'm pretty sure all three men were supposed to be in it.  I remember the ad promoting "three rings...three giants!"  Then Gonzalez got pulled and that line suddenly got dropped.

Actually before they dropped it they pushed Hogan as the third "giant" for a week or two.

There are not many times Ron Studd was the better worker in comparison but El Gigante is the one case I can think of. 

Its not just athleticism in comparison to Big Show.  He lacked a presence that made him a giant. .

I liked the ninja suit well enough except the damn fake pony tail. 

The best thing about The Ye-Tay was Reese going up to Randy fucking Savage and asking if he should act like a mummy or a zombie. And Savage saying, "I don't give a fuck what you do, just get the fuck away from me."

• Like 8

Match listing for the upcoming "Randy Savage Unreleased: The Unseen Matches of the Macho Man DVD":

Disc 1

-Oh Yeah!
-Initial Impressions

*Randy Savage vs. Aldo Marino (Championship Wrestling, 7/6/85)

*Randy Savage vs. Mario Mancini (Championship Wrestling, 7/27/85)

*Randy Savage vs. Paul Roma (Championship Wrestling, 8/3/85)

-Miss Elizabeth

*Randy Savage & Jesse Ventura vs. Mario Mancini & Mike Rice (Championship Wrestling, 9/28/85)

*Randy Savage vs. SD Jones (All American Wrestling, 12/8/85)

*Randy Savage vs. Tony Atlas (Prime Time Wrestling, 12/17/85)

*Randy Savage vs. Scott McGhee (Prime Time Wrestling, 2/3/86)

*Macho Lifestyles (9/10/86)

*Randy Savage vs. Troy Martin (Superstars, 9/13/86)

*Randy Savage vs. Pedro Morales - Intercontinental Championship Match (Prime Time Wrestling, 9/16/86)

*Randy Savage & The Honky Tonk Man vs. Hulk Hogan & Ricky Steamboat (International Wrestling Challenge, 1/5/87)

-That Match

*Randy Savage & Hercules vs. Ricky Steamboat & Billy Jack Haynes (House Show in Phoenix, AZ, 3/22/87)

*Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - Intercontinental Championship Match (House Show in Houston, TX, 5/15/87)

-World Champion

*Inspiration (Superstars, 4/9/88)

*Randy Savage vs. Ted DiBiase - WWE Championship Steel Cage Match (House Show in Philadelphia, PA, 9/24/88)

*Randy Savage vs. Andre the Giant - WWE Championship Match (House Show in MSG, 10/24/88)

*Randy Savage vs. Akeem - WWE Championship Match (Prime Time Wrestling, 11/8/88)

Disc 2

-Patience

*Randy Savage vs. The Ultimate Warrior (House Show in El Paso, TX, 3/7/89)

*A Sensational Manager (Superstars, 4/15/89)

-The King and Queen

*Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - WWE Championship Match (House Show in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 4/23/89)

*Randy Savage vs. Brutus Beefcake (House Show in Duluth, MN, 5/17/89)

*Randy Savage vs. Hercules (Survivor Series Showdown, 11/12/89)

*Randy Savage & Sensational Sherri (w/ Brother Love) vs. Dusty Rhodes & Sapphire (w/ Miss Elizabeth) (House Show in Des Moines, IA, 7/17/90)

*Randy Savage vs. Koko B. Ware (Superstars, 12/22/90)

*The Kingdom of the Madness (Superstars, 3/23/91)

-Snake Bitten

*Reinstate! (Superstars, 11/16/91)

*Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, & Jim Duggan vs. Ric Flair, Jake Roberts, & The Undertaker (12/2/91)

*Randy Savage vs. The Barbarian (Prime Time Wrestling, 12/2/91)

*Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Jake Roberts & The Berzerker (House Show in Amarillo, TX, 1/28/92)

*Randy Savage vs. Jake Roberts (House Show in Biloxi, MS, 3/9/92)

*2-Time WWE Champion (4/8/92)

*Randy Savage & The Undertaker vs. Ric Flair & The Berzerker (WWE on Tele5, 8/28/92)

*Randy Savage vs. Razor Ramon (Superstars [Italian Broadcast], 10/28/92)

*Randy Savage vs. Terry Taylor (Prime Time Wrestling, 12/14/92)

Disc 3

-Speaking from the Heart
-A Catchy Tune
-Music Video Outtakes
-Ambassador

*Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna (March to WrestleMania IX, 3/28/93)

*Randy Savage vs. Lex Luger (House Show in Huntington, WV, 6/15/93)

*Randy Savage & Mr. Perfect vs. Mr. Hughes & Giant Gonzalez (House Show in Lowell, MA, 8/18/93)

*Randy Savage vs. Mr. Hughes (Superstars [German Broadcast], 9/13/93)

*Randy Savage vs. Fatu (House Show in Poughkeepsie, NY, 12/13/93)

-Snap into WCW

*Welcome to Atlanta (12/3/94)

*Randy Savage & Hulk Hogan vs. Kevin Sullivan & The Butcher (Clash of the Champions XXX, 1/25/95)

*Randy Savage vs. Steve Austin - US Title Tournament (WCW Saturday Night, 5/27/95)

*Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair - WCW Championship Match (WCW Nitro, 12/25/95)

*Randy Savage vs. Kurasawa (WCW Pro, 3/23/96)

*Randy Savage vs. Earl Robert Eaton (WCW Nitro, 4/15/96)

-A Diamond in the Rough

*What's His Name? (WCW Nitro, 3/31/97)

*Randy Savage vs. Curt Hennig (WCW Nitro, 8/11/97)

*Randy Savage vs. Lex Luger (WCW Nitro, 12/22/97)

*Randy Savage & Madusa vs. Ric Flair & Charles Robinson (WCW Nitro, 5/17/99)

-Forever Savage