DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

8 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Can we make Matt run a monster wrestler March Madness for even teasing it?  I have so much to say about the Jason the Terrible vs New Jason the Terrible feud, you guys.

Like seriously the name Roy the Terrible was right there.

W*ING block, Mexico block of 128 horror themed luchadors , no WWE allowed because Undertaker would just win everything because yes, you should count The Undertaker

Are we counting actual wrestling ability? Because if not I would actually take Kane over Taker.

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Could we open it up to any gimmick stolen from a licensed intellectual property? 

If so, that gets in guys like Lord Humongus and the dude that worked as Batman on the West Coast during the height of 60s Bat hysteria. 

You kind of have to use Lord Humongus so yes but if we make it only stolen gimmicks I have to increase my Mexico bracket to 256 wrestlers

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Are we counting actual wrestling ability? Because if not I would actually take Kane over Taker.

No we're not counting actual wrestling ability that's bullshit

We're talking about dudes that bring chainsaws to the ring and shit not Austin Aries 

But anyone that likes Kane over Taker for any reason is banned from participating, sorry

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

You honestly couldn't make up this shambles regarding the "Reigns steroids" fiasco. Did Johnny Bravo ever use the word "Roman" in his statements, because if this was intentional, it's the most hilarious hustle ever

Wait until we hear that Dalton Castle was given the Ring of Honor champion because Delirious heard about the plane ride from hell :P

My vote would be for The Yeti, after breaking out of the ice when he was still a mummy, not when he was dressed like a ninja in the WWIII battle royal. Man, I loved the Dungeon Of Doom, but that might have been because of the King Curtis and Taskmaster promos during all the goofy vignettes inside the Dungeon.

It sure wasn't because of their dominant run as top heels.

@RIPPA I understand why there's no March Madness, but can we seriously let somebody do this monster tournament?  I would be thrilled to death (pun not intended) to see this play out.

Also, part of me is wondering if it'd be better to do this in October, seems like a more appropriate month to do it in.

9 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

My vote would be for The Yeti, after breaking out of the ice when he was still a mummy, not when he was dressed like a ninja in the WWIII battle royal. Man, I loved the Dungeon Of Doom, but that might have been because of the King Curtis and Taskmaster promos during all the goofy vignettes inside the Dungeon.

Prince Kharis > The Yeti

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

@RIPPA I understand why there's no March Madness, but can we seriously let somebody do this monster tournament?  I would be thrilled to death (pun not intended) to see this play out.

Also, part of me is wondering if it'd be better to do this in October, seems like a more appropriate month to do it in.

On behalf of the Admin staff... 

QkwalAM.gif

Thank you, drive through.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing shuts me up quicker than the threat of making me do work.

but guys, watch that Budro match if you haven’t seen it. It’s the most Memphis thing ever. So much stalling and hidden chains and Ronnie Gossett.

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

The Yeti is the most terrifying, because while others may kill you, the Yeti will dry hump you first.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Best wrestling monster = The Demon from WCW. He even got a 'special' main event, just for him!

Special mention to Snitsky. Dude legit gave me the creeps.

I loved Snitsky. One of my favorite moments was during his match with Kane at Taboo Tuesday. He Pillmanized Kane's throat with the chair and the ref stopped the match. He walked up the aisle, got halfway, turned around and ran back in. He gave Kane one stomp and then demanded that the ref count a pin. I don't know why, but him just hitting one random stomp for the pin after all of the other bad shit he had previously done always cracked me up.

"Kane says Snitsky is a dead man. The only thing dead around here Kane is your baby. Waaaa waaaa waaaaaa! After Taboo Tuesday, you'll be the one who's crying like a baby. Waaaa waaaa waaaa!"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

On behalf of the Admin staff... 

QkwalAM.gif

Thank you, drive through.

So I know that's pretty much a "no" and that does sadden me a bit.  But I'm looking at that gif wishing I had one of those fellas.  Even if they killed me in my sleep it'd be so worth it.

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

This is one of those "yes, you're right, but you're still an asshole" situations.

Fuck Lucha Underground, their office is comprised of assholes and treat their talent even more like indentured servants than other companies, unless they are big enough stars. Nah Hernendez you stay at home and not get paid anything until we find out if our goofy niche show gets renewed. 

According to Jim Cornette, Kane was initially based on Michael Myers. We sorta would have met Kane before Badd Blood 97. Seeing thru his eyes where we see a room he lived in. Where he has clippings of Taker all over the walls of the room and we would see a little more each week. I'm not sure if that was when it was first pitched or after the "God Damn Murderer!!" promo. 

Which kudos to Taker and Bearer for getting that over. Because if you read recaps it sounds terrible. But you watch the shows and its compelling. That period when the lights would go off at random and Kane would appear is one of my favorite wrestling things ever. In fact separate from the lightning duel, I love that whole build up. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure where the fuck this belongs, since there are legitimately like 4 different topics I could post this in. I am going to a show at John O'Connell HS in San Francisco tomorrow that has a main event of Misterioso and Jushin Liger vs. Rocky Romero and Puma King. I thought folks in the area might be into knowing about it if they weren't already going to be there. I am fucking super jazzed, man. LIGER!!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/pro-wrestling-revolution-san-francisco-march-10th-tickets-39541873809

• Like 2