DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

45 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

I love how this thread turns into a F13 discussion. I know that Manhattan and Hell are hot garbage, but so are a lot of angles Kane was in. He's a cool cast like namessake Kane Hodder, but he was put through so much bs. It would fit very well to transfer the curse in a way it was done in a shit-movie.

P.S.: Jason lives is fantastic.

The only good one of the series. Others had some great scenery (the barn by the lake in particular) or surprisingly nice cinematic moments but were still pretty bad. The video game that came out last year is probably the best Jason related release imo.

• Like 1

I hate Jason Lives so fucking much. Stupid unfunny comedy and attempting to turn the table on the audience of the lowest of the 80's exploitation franchises. Fuck that movie forever. 2 and 4 are the best in the franchise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I hate Jason Lives so fucking much. Stupid unfunny comedy and attempting to turn the table on the audience of the lowest of the 80's exploitation franchises. Fuck that movie forever. 2 and 4 are the best in the franchise.

Same here.  When you can show a whole Friday the 13th movie on TV uncut, it fucks up at being a Friday the 13th movie pretty badly (I know it's the MPAA's fault, but still....).  It's like the safe-ass corporate MTV Jason.

Basically, I tell people to stop after part 4 for both Freddy and Jason unless I know they're cool then I tell them to go with Part 5 for Friday the 13th because while I think that movie is the shit, it's not for everyone.

But man, I have some stuff to show you if you think Friday the 13th is the lowest of the 80's exploitation franchises.  Like my whole Full Moon streaming account.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Same here.  When you can show a whole Friday the 13th movie on TV uncut, it fucks up at being a Friday the 13th movie pretty badly (I know it's the MPAA's fault, but still....).  It's like the safe-ass corporate MTV Jason.

Basically, I tell people to stop after part 4 for both Freddy and Jason unless I know they're cool then I tell them to go with Part 5 for Friday the 13th because while I think that movie is the shit, it's not for everyone.

But man, I have some stuff to show you if you think Friday the 13th is the lowest of the 80's exploitation franchises.  Like my whole Full Moon streaming account.

Dude, I'm catching up on the Subspecies series.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

F13 Part Five is amazing. It’s like Halloween 3 meets somebody trying to do David Lynch and failing. But the failure makes it brilliant. And it has the MVP Jason. 

Or it could be these strong painkillers...

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I should've included the word "major" before franchises.

5 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Jason isn't even in Jason Goes to Hell for more than 5 minutes.  Fuck that shit.  When he's in it he looks like he's made out of a sack of shit with a mask embedded into it.  It did all the same stuff everyone hated Manhattan for - IE apparently being made by people who never even watched the other movies, adding dumb shit to the lore, etc, but at least you got to see Jason kill some motherfuckers in JTM.

Don't get me wrong, I think Jason Takes Manhattan is complete garbage (and Jason looked like a fucking pumpkin when his mask came off) and totally hate that fucking movie,but if waiting ten years to do another one and almost not even releasing it is your idea of breathing new life into a franchise, I don't know what to say.  

Loved Freddy vs Jason though.  Sucks they couldn't successfully follow it up.

Tell us how you really feel. (I agree though, good kills but the guy behind the movie, however inspired, was a hack)

Keeping it on the wrestling tip I want a Nightmare Freddy/Crypt the Keeper/Kane trios now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

A friend of mine actually got killed by Jason...in Jason X. Her head was frozen, then smashed.

To this day that remains my favorite kill in any horror film. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I'm supposed to get those for free on Blu Ray for subscribing for a year and I'm not sure I'll ever get anything.

I ordered some DVDs from them Feb.18.  Still waiting.  And that was paying for something.  I can't imagine how they'll ship something that's free.

5 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I've watched Jason X once only, and it was when I was delirious with the flu. I fucking loved it! Rewatching it without a fever would never live up to that initial viewing 

Delirious with flu or not, Jason X is worth watching.

• Like 1

Jason X is quite the dumb guilty pleasure. Some fun kills and the Crystal Lake hologram distraction bit is pretty funny. I used to reference the awful quote "It's going to take more than a poke in the ribs to put down this old dog. Yeah, that oughta do it here." way too often, much to friends chagrin.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Infinit said:

A friend of mine actually got killed by Jason...in Jason X. Her head was frozen, then smashed.

I'm not sure if that is my favorite kill of the franchise, but if it isn't, it is second only to the tent stake bisection in the aforementioned much hated Jason Goes to Hell. Such a great gag, that frozen head.

• Like 1

My very favorite Jason kill is the original sleeping bag from New Blood. Just so fucking brutal (there MPAA making them cut it to just one hit made it so much nastier than the way they intended.)

But the frozen head is definitely top five.

All this Jason talk makes me want to see a WWE Films version of WWE's Monsters vs. Jason movie. I would be incredibly campy and would have to be directed by the Soska Sisters since they're WWE Films horror directors. I feel they could talk Vince into a cameo where Jason kills him randomly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brysynner said:

All this Jason talk makes me want to see a WWE Films version of WWE's Monsters vs. Jason movie. I would be incredibly campy and would have to be directed by the Soska Sisters since they're WWE Films horror directors. I feel they could talk Vince into a cameo where Jason kills him randomly.

Vince playing a role similar to that angry old guy in Manhattan who runs into a top floor of a building fleeing from Jason but teleports up there and throws him through a window would make my life complete. 

• Like 1