DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This might be a discussion for the 205 Live thread but I'll post it here first I guess.  There's word around the net that WWE will introduce cruiserweight tag titles following WM.  

... why? They barely care about the singles belt.

If it wasn't for the brand split I'd be in favor of women's tag belts. Or a six man title.

I don't have a PW Insider account but that's supposedly who wrote the story.  Anyway,  I think this works,  they have an hour long show.  If Hunter is behind 205 Live I wouldn't mind seeing it tied more closely to NXT.  They can tour together and maybe NXT/205 Live can have joint Takeover PPVs.  

• Like 1

I don't always pay that close attention to Raw so I might not be off base here, but have the cruiserweights been on there less lately?  I don't recall them being on tonight at all, nor in the past few weeks.  While I'm a big supporter of 205 Live they just need to figure out what they're doing with it.  According to the WWE Wiki, there are only 16 people on the 205 Live roster, and that includes Neville who may or may not still be employed and a revolving door of UK (another division that barely exists) and NXT people who aren't doing anything else.  If they're going to make a 4th brand out of it then they need to expand the roster a bit and move it from the dead spot after Smackdown to taping it the same way they do NXT.  Either that or just combine it with NXT and have the CW belt as a midcard title.

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So if it was "Fuck Coach" before...  how do we feel now? 

CrSd0O2l.png

*adds 'asking women I work with what music they're into by txt' onto my list of things not to do in 2018*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the PWI story about the new belts

By Mike Johnson on 2018-03-05 23:36:00
WWE will be instituting a new championship belt after Wrestlemania season ends, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

While Wrestlemania 34 will feature the tournament final crowning a new Cruiserweight champion, there are already plans in the works to create a Cruiserweight Tag Team championship for the 205 Live brand.  The belts would give WWE a third set of Tag Team champions and bring forth the first Cruiserweight Tag Team championship seen nationally in the United States since the demise of WCW in 2001.

There is no word yet on the timetable as to when the belts will be rolled out, but several championship designs have been worked on internally and we are told that the company recently finalized plans for the look of the championships.

The addition of the belts are a sign that the company intends to continue to build the 205 Live brand, which has seen a remarkable turnaround last month when Triple H took the reigns of the brand over, focusing more on the athleticism and in-ring action of the company's Cruiserweight division.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

If it wasn't for the brand split I'd be in favor of women's tag belts. Or a six man title.

If they're going to do tag belts, they should just make them trios titles to do something to set them apart from the other tag titles.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ace said:

There's an excellent article about Cody Rhodes on The Ringer. I do warn you in advance that it goes into great detail about Dusty's death.

Yeah, it's a great article, but that section seemed overlong and a little exploitative to me.  At a certain point, I just had to skip to the next section, because I really didn't need a front row seat to Dusty's deathbed and it wasn't advancing the narrative anymore.

Okay, maybe I'm an easy laugh in the morning, but this was hilarious to me.

Rocky Romero is SO gonna get another run out of this.  And because it's 2018, probably make more money than he ever did as himself.

"I never saw my father without the mask.  He died in the mask, he was buried in the mask.  He even left the mask to me in his will...which I wish I had known ahead of time." *cut to Chico digging up his father's grave*

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I really hope ESPN re-runs the 30 for 30 on the XFL where they show Coach basically bragging out how he was able to fuck the cheerleaders cause that was what Vince wanted.  That would be funny now.

LOl, ESPN2 is showing it at 1:30 AM Wednesday morning.

it's also available on ESPN on Demand (at least on my cable service).

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The improvement in 205Live is because the show has had a focus with the tournament.  This gives them another tournament and eventually a second title to focus on.

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think cruiserweights are done on RAW.  I think it's been about a month since they've appeared. 

They have their own authority figure now, which means they are pretty much their own brand now.