DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

32 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Interesting to see the HS article remove all comments from Events Victoria regarding this since Saturday morning. 

I spoke with a state MP a fortnight ago who confirmed that Events Victoria/State Govt are bankrolling this along with the MCC (70-30% split up front with elaborate profit sharing), with similar status for Bon Jovi concert and a third event that hasn't been determined yet, as a sweetheart deal for commitment to upgrading Etihad Stadium.

Sorry for being dense but isn't the Gov paying for the Etihad upgrade? Who's getting the deal if the Gov is paying for the events and the upgrade?

14 minutes ago, bazzil said:

Sorry for being dense but isn't the Gov paying for the Etihad upgrade? Who's getting the deal if the Gov is paying for the events and the upgrade?

State Govt (if re-elected) is paying for the Etihad upgrade. MCG are getting these events bankrolled as compensation.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

They tried that when he came in and he was boring as fuck.  New Day gave him personality.

Dolph, AJ, and Kaitlyn gave him personality. He just wasn't allowed to display it much on TV

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Nah, he's been playing straight heel against Finn and Seth, and despite him saying "I have no road to WrestleMania" what he's really whining about is not having a main event title match. He's never been this consistently heelish before.

I expect it ends immediately after the Taker match though.

It just looks like he wants to tell everyone in the building to fuck off, even though he can't, but the dick behavior comes out in the heat of competition.

Got a question: Is there some trick to the "Ram your shoulder into the metal post" spot WWE agents currently love so much?  I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if guys are slapping their thigh or something to make it sound worse than it is.  But, is there some trick to it, or are guys really ramming their shoulders into a metal pole.  Over and over.  I assume they're somehow pulling up or something so as to not just crash into the metal, but.... it still looks dumb and i can't really figure out how you can completely fake that spot.  The easiest way to do it and have it look convincing would be to ram your shoulder into the post, which is.... just why?

Just curious.  I mean, if someone suggested I run at a metal post and ram my shoulder into it after the other guy moved at the last second, my response would be "Taxi!"  It seems like something that would be awful for your long-term health and agents seems to want to cram that spot into every other tv match these days.

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Just curious.  I mean, if someone suggested I run at a metal post and ram my shoulder into it after the other guy moved at the last second, my response would be "Taxi!"  It seems like something that would be awful for your long-term health and agents seems to want to cram that spot into every other tv match these days.

I've always thought that if I were a wrestler, this would probably be my least favorite spot to do.  It looks way to easy to fuck up and do serious damage to yourself, like Goldberg knocking himself out in the DDP match.

With the LED boards around the ringposts, I'm guessing there's a fair amount of space between the boards and the post, so there's some "give" there.

The spot happens WAY too frequently, just like the apron bumps.  Someone getting piledriven on the apron should be a hospital trip, not a mid-match spot.

http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/saudi-arabia-to-host-greatest-royal-rumble-april-2018?sf183666032=1

The Saudi General Sports Authority, in partnership with WWE, will present the Greatest Royal Rumble event at the King Abdullah Sports City in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27. For the first time ever, the Royal Rumble Match will feature 50 WWE Superstars. As part of this historic event, fans will see WWE Superstars John Cena, Triple H, Roman Reigns, AJ Styles, Braun Strowman, The New Day, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Shinsuke Nakamura, among others.

Ticket and broadcast information will be available in the coming weeks. This event is part of a 10-year strategic multiplatform partnership in support of Vision 2030, Saudi Arabia’s social and economic reform program.

Jinder Mahal come on down!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Final four: Jinder, Tian Bing, Mustafa Ali... and Roman Reigns.

Reigns goes out, and then Ali. Jinder and Bing are eliminated simultaneously.

Sets up a showdown in a one million seat floating stadium suspended over Tibet. Winner crowned WWE Pan-Asiatic Champion and feuds with Khali for the next year.

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I guess that means no Women's RR match. At best, one ladies match w/both totally covered like The Spider Lady which will be hailed as "revolutionary", and certainly no lines at half of the washrooms. The money of petrol potentates is very carny indeed. Call Inoki for a booking at the next Sports and Peace festival.

- RAF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, (BP) said:

We'll know the Dogg is ready to give Rusev the super push when he starts setting up the Accolade with the classic baby face move of simulating humping his prone opponent.

Do people really think Dogg has any real authority over booking. He works there and has to put shit over on social media. 

Why do they bother going to Saudi Arabia anyway? WWE touts (remember Tout!?) all about the “women’s revolution” at the moment, so why go to a place that’s so ridiculously archaic when it comes to females? 

gnpwsCH.jpg

...oh, right. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I've always thought that if I were a wrestler, this would probably be my least favorite spot to do.  It looks way to easy to fuck up and do serious damage to yourself, like Goldberg knocking himself out in the DDP match.

Well, Goldberg is a fucking idiot. Second, I thought that was the Kronik 2v1, where he went head first into the post, because: see first post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I guess that means no Women's RR match. At best, one ladies match w/both totally covered like The Spider Lady which will be hailed as "revolutionary", and certainly no lines at half of the washrooms. The money of petrol potentates is very carny indeed. Call Inoki for a booking at the next Sports and Peace festival.

- RAF

They actually already did that bit with Sasha and Alexa wrestling in bodysuits, calling it historic.

47 minutes ago, Victator said:

Do people really think Dogg has any real authority over booking. He works there and has to put shit over on social media. 

He's the head writer of SDL so that is a little more power than fighting with people on Twitter

• Like 1

Conversely, if Smackdown was great right now we'd be talking about how smart he is and who knew what a great booker he'd end up being. The constant is always going to be Vince and company, so you gotta take the shame and the credit the same way. 

He'd be third on the show behind H and Vince.

I figure the writing being so much worse in Smackdown is a combination of Vince not caring about the B show and Road Dogg being terrible.

• Like 2