DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is I Don't Fear That Bitch - 2/26/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I get what they see in Alexa Bliss, and i think she's a commodity, but she shouldnt be throwing closed fists at all. She might have the smallest closed fist in the entire company. Forearms and open hands would suit her much better.

This could all be solved by her using the Power of the Punch. Would fit her character much better than her having sneaky power or whatever it is they're trying to sell us.

SD's problem is they're booking their best people in the wrong alignment. AJ, Bonny and Charlotte are natural heels, but they're aligned as faces. Ruby is an excellent fiery babyface booked as a heel.

Ziggler... if they just went back to him with a female manager and a bodyguard he'd rise again. I miss Zig, AJ and Big E...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

IMO, Charlotte's floundered on SDL due to bad booking.  There are quite a few people on that show who are very over, but still get left off tv.  I also think turning Charlotte babyface slowed her momentum.  Meltzer thinks they turned her because she had a book coming out (w/ Ric), but then they didn't promote the book much anyway, lol.  They did the same thing they did with Dolph - turned her face, essentially neutering her character, then didn't replace the heel character with anything interesting.

I don't miss Carmella at all, but I am wondering if she crapped in someone's bag - literally or figuratively.   The women's division revolved around her and the MiTB briefcase for a fair while, now she's rarely on TV.  Since she hasn't cashed in unsuccessfully, I expect she'll cash in on the WM winner and win the belt - to no reaction

Charlotte turned because she was the most over woman one the show when she showed up. The fans were cheering for her regularly. The issue is that she was also the best heel, and they had no one even remotely as interesting to replace her. They also fucked up by throwing away the whole Welcome Committee story line for MITB. Honestly, its amazing that Charlotte, Becky, and Naomi are still over with the crap/non booking they have been through the past year.

Every briefcase tease gets the audience excited. The issue is that they put it on someone who isn't ready or super over. Her cash in would get reactions. She would just be likely dead in the water in the aftermath because no one really cares that much about her right now. Even when she appeared regularly she wasn't getting much reaction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Every briefcase tease gets the audience excited. The issue is that they put it on someone who isn't ready or super over. Her cash in would get reactions. She would just be likely dead in the water in the aftermath because no one really cares that much about her right now. Even when she appeared regularly she wasn't getting much reaction.

A simple solution would be to have Carmella put the briefcase on the line next week and let Becky win it.

Sorry if I missed this, but did they have Asuka formally choose to challenge Alexa? They made the deal of her choosing between two champions before Ronda came out at the Rumble, next thing we hear is she's challenging Alexa and not Charlotte.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

Sorry if I missed this, but did they have Asuka formally choose to challenge Alexa? They made the deal of her choosing between two champions before Ronda came out at the Rumble, next thing we hear is she's challenging Alexa and not Charlotte.

They have not.

The story looks like it's gonna be Alexa keeps saying "Nia deserves to be in the title match" as a way to taunt/duck Asuka, then when Asuka chooses Charlotte, Alexa will have tied her own noose.

6 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

The ideal of babyfaces so virtuous they won’t even consider knocking the living shit out of somebody is hackneyed.

Where did that come from. I can't think of a good guy in my lifetime who was afraid to knock the piss out of a bad guy.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

They have not.

The story looks like it's gonna be Alexa keeps saying "Nia deserves to be in the title match" as a way to taunt/duck Asuka, then when Asuka chooses Charlotte, Alexa will have tied her own noose.

Then why is she picking a fight with Asuka? She should be kissing her ass,

23 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

SD's problem is they're booking their best people in the wrong alignment. AJ, Bonny and Charlotte are natural heels, but they're aligned as faces. Ruby is an excellent fiery babyface booked as a heel.

Ziggler... if they just went back to him with a female manager and a bodyguard he'd rise again. I miss Zig, AJ and Big E...

Read this too quick at first as "Ziggler.....if they just went back to him as a female manager."

17 hours ago, Victator said:

Where did that come from. I can't think of a good guy in my lifetime who was afraid to knock the piss out of a bad guy.

Bad phrasing on my part. It's more the concept of the face being unwilling to stoop to the heel's level or generally asinine gullibility on their part; like Sting the 4th or 5th time he decided to team with Flair in a pinch because he's a swell and decent guy that still respects Naitch only to get his ass kicked yet again. I won't punch you or hit you with a kendo stick just so I can give you the opening to hang around long enough for me to get distracted so you can do those very things to me.

15 hours ago, Victator said:

How about when Bayley lost that kendo stick match b/c she wouldn't use a kendo stick?

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:42 PM, Niners Fan in CT said:

I agree with you on this but if we are going to do that for the women then I think more people should have agreed with me on Punk vs. Lesnar.   I thought it looked ridiculous for Lesnar to be taking all that offense,  it's one of the worst "hyped" matches of the past ten years. 

I share the same opinion of that match although Matt has posted fair opinions where he sold the context of it being a garbage match as the only reason Punk was able to hang. The problem is the Go To Sleep has too many moving parts as a finisher to begin with, which are even more magnified when that shittily tattooed strung out muppet looking motherfucker is supposed to believably finish a monster like Brock with it. I'd just as soon buy Santino finishing Brock with the cobra after he got bitten by an actual King Cobra.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I share the same opinion of that match although Matt has posted fair opinions where he sold the context of it being a garbage match as the only reason Punk was able to hang. The problem is the Go To Sleep has too many moving parts as a finisher to begin with, which are even more magnified when that shittily tattooed strung out muppet looking motherfucker is supposed to believably finish a monster like Brock with it. I'd just as soon buy Santino finishing Brock with the cobra after he got bitten by an actual King Cobra.

This is why I like AJ - I don't recall him once going for the Styles Clash versus Brock. He just went for the forearm/submission combo.

3 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Bad phrasing on my part. It's more the concept of the face being unwilling to stoop to the heel's level or generally asinine gullibility on their part; like Sting the 4th or 5th time he decided to team with Flair in a pinch because he's a swell and decent guy that still respects Naitch only to get his ass kicked yet again. I won't punch you or hit you with a kendo stick just so I can give you the opening to hang around long enough for me to get distracted so you can do those very things to me.

No I mean fans online have this attitude a face can never ever do anything violent or else they are worse than the heel. I think it probably comes from a generation of fans who did not understand the Jesse Ventura character was suppose to be full of shit. 

Also Sting did not trust Flair in 95. He repeatedly refused to team with Flair until he got kids to beg Sting to team with him. Sting agrees then warns Flair if he is using kids to swerve him, he would hurt him. Which he did at the next PPV. 

Sorry its a pet peeve that people use Sting as an example of a gullible face. When people really mean Tommy Dreamer. 

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

because WWE...shitty writing?

I think its WWE did this sort of thing perfectly with Batista and HHH. Teasing Batista going after JBL briefly. 

51 minutes ago, Victator said:

No I mean fans online have this attitude a face can never ever do anything violent or else they are worse than the heel. I think it probably comes from a generation of fans who did not understand the Jesse Ventura character was suppose to be full of shit. 

Also Sting did not trust Flair in 95. He repeatedly refused to team with Flair until he got kids to beg Sting to team with him. Sting agrees then warns Flair if he is using kids to swerve him, he would hurt him. Which he did at the next PPV. 

Sorry its a pet peeve that people use Sting as an example of a gullible face. When people really mean Tommy Dreamer. 

I think its WWE did this sort of thing perfectly with Batista and HHH. Teasing Batista going after JBL briefly. 

Poon and kids always did distract Sting. Wasn't he being presented some award by a little Stinger when Nikita bumrushed him? At the time of the Flair ploy, I was still pissed he got distracted by Sherri turning on him causing him to get rolled up in the unification title match the year before. Also at the time it was a lot easier imagining being mesmerized by belly dancer Madusa offering you something hot as opposed to giving a shit that Scary Sherri betrayed you.  

As for Dreamer, I wasn't able to catch a whole lot of ECW as it only showed up at 1 AM Friday Nights on my cable and half the time SportsSouth would show Aussie Rules Football or some other horseshit instead. Basically my cable access to it was as sporadic as it has been to Lucha Underground. The first ECW I ever watched though (at a friend's house on satellite) just happened to be the week Dreamer piledrived Beulah.  If those were the only episodes you happened to catch without knowing how many times women made him stupid, he just came off as an irrationally violent bastard and not such a mushy headed sapsucker.

4 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Poon and kids always did distract Sting. Wasn't he being presented some award by a little Stinger when Nikita bumrushed him? At the time of the Flair ploy, I was still pissed he got distracted by Sherri turning on him causing him to get rolled up in the unification title match the year before. Also at the time it was a lot easier imagining being mesmerized by belly dancer Madusa offering you something hot as opposed to giving a shit that Scary Sherri betrayed you.  

At least Sting learned his lesson and tried using kids to ambush Hogan that one time.

• Like 1