DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is I Don't Fear That Bitch - 2/26/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Doesn't Brock's contract run out right after WM?

2 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

How is Rollins not any part of this potential Plan B scenario considering he's finally gotten to the level they need him to be at? 

Meltzer has said that Vince "doesn't trust" Rollins to be the man, for some reason or other.

I assume Vince was scared by a crossfitter when he was a baby.

1 minute ago, Josh Mann said:

How is Rollins not any part of this potential Plan B scenario considering he's finally gotten to the level they need him to be at? 

I think Rollins in the backup plan for Angle in case anything happens to Kurt between now and Mania

I wouldn't be so sure about the Roman PED stuff. Those purchases happened before his suspension, but he could still get in hot water because he came out and said he didn't buy the shit and doesn't know who he is and I think WWE's PR said something similar. If it gets revealed Roman was lying and he embarrasses WWE, Vince will flip his shit.

They need to figure something out for Braun though. If he and Elias tread water for the next few weeks then they're going to have to scramble to find something for each guy to do. With Elias, it's easy. You put him in the Andre Battle Royal or make it a 4 way for the IC title. With Braun you need something higher profile. Although if they drag out the tag match with Rousey then they could always insert Braun into that at some point.

Just now, hammerva said:

Wait there are people that think that the WWE is going to do PED testing BEFORE Wrestlemania?   :lol: :lol:

Not testing but if they have proof that guys made purchasing - then suspensions would happen (based on precedent). This is what happened the last time.

Now I want to make this clear - the only person who seems to think this is possible is Meltzer (the people Dave picks and chooses to believe is an entirely different thread).

From the most recent WON

At this point there is still no documented proof that has been released, but if there is some, it becomes a tough public defense for Anoa’i, if only because of the complete denial of even knowing who Rodriguez was or having any contact if they have records of purchases from him.

Exactly how WWE would handle this becomes a question, perhaps best asked if or when these claims are given documentation. It also could be that the claim that they can’t release it because they are going through it to fully document it is a public attempt to spread the word and get bought off, thinking Reigns is backed by a big company. Obviously there is a reason they are pushing the idea of Reigns’ involvement stronger than Mark Wahlberg, a far bigger and better-known celebrity, but in theory one where there was less chance somebody be thinking there was value in it being covered up.

In 2007, when documentation in a similar steroid distribution ring listed many WWE performers, almost all were suspended (Randy Orton was not, while Mike Bucci was actually fired, and Booker T quit the company over being suspended for a second time) even without a positive drug test. It’s also notable that 2007 isn’t 2018, and that was only a few months after Chris Benoit, and WWE was exceedingly sensitive about the steroid connection.

Because Reigns has a previous positive test that resulted in a 30 day suspension, a second suspension would be 60 days and would force an overhaul of the WrestleMania show.

It wouldn't surprise me if Wahlberg's lawyer has contacted Jon Bravo. Because he's still pushing whatever agenda for Reigns and Josh Duhamel.

Bravo has shown 'teasers' that he claims show Reigns' contact info. It looked sketchy to my untrained eye. I also find it highly suspect that he got hold of a laptop Bravo himself says was seized by the DEA during Rodriguez's arrest in February 2017. I don't imagine the DEA would release evidence from a RICO case to some random guy who makes YouTube videos.

Reigns says he doesn't know Rodriguez or WFN. But he didn't mention Iron Addicts Gym in Miami. That's his out if needed. Say that someone working at the gym sold him steroids as the middle man and he didn't ask questions about where it came from. WWE also has the Orton Rule in place if they want to use it.

The bigger issue for WWE is Bravo now claims at least 15 wrestlers are on the customer list. And he's pivoting his story to talk about WWE's wellness policy in general. But to me, it all feels like a couple of guys looking for a payoff. They say they're making a documentary, so it seems they want an easy pay day and think WWE would have the most to lose if they got bad press.

No doubt Braun is the backup if needed but if WWE was really worried, I think we would have seen them go with that at Elimination Chamber. There isn't and won't be any legal investigation into rumored customers in this situation, if TMZ Sports is to be believed. So it comes down to how much one buys into a guy currently sitting in federal prison and his YouTuber patron. 

6 hours ago, hammerva said:

Wait there are people that think that the WWE is going to do PED testing BEFORE Wrestlemania?   :lol: :lol:

I completely believe that they drug test in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania.

I also believe that the labs make lots of errors and 'mislabel' all the samples with the same three names - Heath Slater, Curt Hawkins, and Epico Colon.

One of these years, there's going to be a major steroids scandal in March and poor "Curt Hawkins" is going to fail a dozen wellness tests in the same week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Remember that time Killings failed a test when he was main eventing Survivor Series and they didn't suspend him until after the show, and there were some questioning if he was taking the hit for someone else altogether? 

3 hours ago, Josh Mann said:

Because it didn't work out so well when he was the Plan A.

• Like 2

With Alicia on the shelf, I guess Mickie's getting her old "insta-turn" gimmick. I enjoyed the segment preceeding the six ladies tag and the match itself. I can get behind a Bayley that's not gonna be treated like crap anymore. 

• Like 1

This Roman stuff feels like a big wet fart. And I don't buy the Brock stuff either. He's not going to miss the biggest rasslin payday of the year. I could be wrong. But like Rippa said, Dave isn't always super careful about who he believes.

Anyway, this happened before and I recall it being quite good:

• Like 1

The more I read today, the more I feel like many (myself included per my earlier post) are probably getting worked about this whole backup plan thing. 

Even if Roman gets popped for lying about the steroid things they could easily count his earlier suspension as time served if the purchases took place before that-- and that's only IF this guy is to be believed. The whole thing is super sketch.

I think it's more so Vince/Creative finally manipulating the fans into getting behind Roman/adopting an interest in the feud. Before Raw I couldn't care less, after Raw, we're all talking about it. Dave is throwing out multiple scenarios. Brock is working Mania, there's no doubt in my mind that Vince will do whatever it takes to make sure The Plancomes to fruition.

Brock cosying up to Dana could be all a big ruse, and it would be a masterstroke by everyone involved. 

Meltzer's the guy that has previously claimed top guys fail wellness tests or not depending on how pissed Vince is at them at the time.  Orton supposedly got one of his strikes because Vince and Triple H thought his attitude sucked and wanted to teach him a lesson (by not burying the test result).

Why Dave thinks they won't find some way to keep Roman in WM is beyond me.  The "evidence" against him is kinda sketchy anyway, so there's probably going to be some wriggle room even if the story does get traction.

If Roman got suspended, does the company tread water for another year - keep Brock on the payroll and give Roman his WrestleMania moment in 2019?  Please no.

Vince is trying to work the audience by acknowledging that Brock is trying to work him into a new deal, but everyone's seeing through it except for Meltzer(?) I don't get Dave taking any of it seriously unless he's playing ball so he's owed a favor later.  

• Like 1

Both Roman and WWE both came out with statements saying he's never heard of or communicated with this guy. If dude releases evidence showing otherwise it's not something they can just wave away. It'll be problematic. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Vince is trying to work the audience by acknowledging that Brock is trying to work him into a new deal, but everyone's seeing through it except for Meltzer(?) I don't get Dave taking any of it seriously unless he's playing ball so he's owed a favor later.  

Maybe Hulk Hogan was right about these jabroni marks working a work until they've worked themselves into a shoot.

5 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

So plan B is Braun vs Roman and plan C...

...is Braun vs Braun. 

Davey Richards is calling gimmick infringement if they wrestle that match inside a steel Braun Strowman.

I hear they may attempt a Fatal Four-Way with Braun vs Brown Strongman, Bronze Strobelight and Blanket Snowblower.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Both Roman and WWE both came out with statements saying he's never heard of or communicated with this guy. If dude releases evidence showing otherwise it's not something they can just wave away. It'll be problematic. 

It's 2018. I'm probably the least tech savvy person on this board, but I can compose fake emails and text messages with a good tutorial. And only Roman gave a statement. WWE is certainly supporting him, but they've said nothing and Roman has only issue a three-sentence presser. The accusers seem major sketchy and no doubt Reigns/WWE will work that angle if necessary.