DVDVR Message Board

New Japan Cup 2018 (March 9th through March 21st)

Jiji

Despy is here to take his stable mate’s naming conventions too literally:

I love it. 

Twitter also has Hiromu singing a lullaby to El Desperado, Rocky rapping at him and Suzuki-gun... a lot of the junior setup on this tour felt a bit “just run it back”, but they’re... trying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Desperado is quickly becoming one of my favourite non Hiromu/Kushida/Ospreay juniors. He's so much fun! He referenced a favourite song of his in a recent promo, perhaps that's what he's talking about.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Desperado is quickly becoming one of my favourite non Hiromu/Kushida/Ospreay juniors. He's so much fun! He referenced a favourite song of his in a recent promo, perhaps that's what he's talking about.

Desperado is such a weird character: masked luchador who often pulls his own mask, is into heavy/death metal and claims that he never cheats.

What an amazing run for ZSJ. He got to establish himself as legit in the G1, but this pushes him to that next level. I mean he has zero chance against Okada, but it should be a great match.

Can Don Callis just do whatever he is doing in TNA full time and spare us his "top talent kid" commentary? I would rather have a rotating cast of wrestlers doing color than him and his creeper dirty old man/veteran guy who was over/Omega sycophant gimmick. Callis talking about how much Juice gets laid and wanting to tag along with him to the club...fucking puke.

I have listened to a few podcasts with him (killing the town or whatever its called) and I like what I hear from him, but when he is doing commentary for NJPW it is like it is another person speaking. On numerous cases he has made match feel worse to me than it actually was and he is main reason why I almost always watch the Japanese stream.

Doesn't bother me but kelly certainly kills matches for me with his brutal lack of emotion. Guy really does come from the WWE school of announcing. So fake. At least Callis is having fun and usually does a good job of getting the talent over even if it's an acquired taste and he has his flaws. 

Japanese announce teams all the way even if we're often stuck with the B team and Nogami is rarely ever used.