DVDVR Message Board

2018 LUCHA UNDERGROUND THREAD

RIPPA

9 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

The contract lawsuits are dropped and Joey Ryan, Fantasma, Kobra Moon, and Ivelisse got their releases.

Promotion is dead.

It's sad to see LU go under like this but it was inevitable.  On the plus side at least all 3 can go wherever they couldn't go to for whatever reason.  I would imagine Joey will be with AEW and Kobra I can see doing ROH full-time with her alter ego.  

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I wonder if they'll ever put the seasons out on DVD/BluRay. I'd love to have the first two. Misty water-colored memories...

EDIT: Well of course I could have went ahead and checked first https://www.prowrestling.com/first-3-seasons-of-lucha-underground-now-available-on-dvd/

I'd warn you that some people have gotten packages from the LU site and some people have not been so lucky so far. This seems like a friend of the show doing it for them and nothing quite professional, so it may be slow or worse.

I never ordered the DVDs, but my MMMShow cohosts did when they were first offered, and they got them, it just took forever.

I ordered that nice lucha photobook they were selling during their 70% off fire sale a couple weeks ago and got that, luckily in decent condition since they shoved it in a fucking bubble mailer.

10 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

If they settled with them to grant releases, that pretty much means they HAVE to give releases to anyone else that asks, right?

You'd think so but the legal system is weird & it seems people who AAA wants to torture/blackmail are not going to be given any easy way out. AAA wants to keep control of them.

It's all fucked up.  Dorian still has to pull the trigger on the releases on a case-by-case basis.

Everything isn't officially dead, it's just dead in the eyes of anyone you ask.  It's not a secret - if you ask anyone they'll say YEAH MAN I THINK IT'S DEAD and do it in a public setting.  Kind of sucks it fizzled out and did so after a season that kind of fucked up everything I liked about the show for a variety of reasons, I'm gonna be real I didn't watch like 80% of season 4.  That's how bad it got for me.  It used to be appointment viewing even though I already fucking went to the shows and was in the audience.  This was a season I'd be seeing first on TV because I didn't go to the tapings and I was like naw dog I'm good.  It got far enough from what I liked that it was depressing to see how much it fell.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 2

They show season 1 at 6am and it gets a bit sad seeing how goddamn great it was.  But to deny it's dead when everybody says it is is just insanity.  I sense another lawsuit or two before all is said and done.  And I'm sure MGM is pissed at Dorian's bullshit so who knows that they'll have to say about all this.

Season 4 was REALLY BAD. It was sad to watch the few fans left who were so attached they would actually defend it. "Nah man this Jack Swagger thing is great! Let's see how it plays out!"

I got so much heat for dare pointing out how many friends of friends were suddenly getting on the show to get that El Rey money before it disappeared. Good times.

• Like 1

I just wanted to be one of those friends, man.

Not for the money or anything, I feel like I could have contributed to make season 4 better, but I was really busy with school at the time and would have to have had it actually be a job to step away from that.

Edited by Tromatagon

• 4 months later...

I would be happier for this if not for the fact that I see this every morning on El Rey while getting ready for work.  They're showing Ultima Lucha Tres and while still fun I'm definitely not turning in once season 4 starts.  But at least if I know anybody that was mildly curious there's a way for them to finally check it out.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, Tromatagon said:

I never ordered the DVDs, but my MMMShow cohosts did when they were first offered, and they got them, it just took forever.

I ordered that nice lucha photobook they were selling during their 70% off fire sale a couple weeks ago and got that, luckily in decent condition since they shoved it in a fucking bubble mailer.

I bought the coffee table book an a few shirts.  I wish I had gotten the Soccer scarf as well

3 minutes ago, Justin877 said:

I love the randomness that is TubiTV on my Roku.   I am going to check it out!   You sir are a true scholar and a gentleman.  Or ghoul and misanthrope whatever you prefer. 

probably the second one

I'm waiting for my Believer's Backlash 1 royalty checks to start pouring in so be sure to watch that episode a lot you guys

Edited by Tromatagon

Nevermind, I didn't fuck up and spoil something like I thought.

Season 3 is a mixed bag for me.  I feel like season 1 and 2 hold up, but the first few episodes of season 1 are a bit of a slog.  Season 3 has too many fucking tournaments.   It's because they ordered more episodes mid season and had to STREEEEEEEEETCH

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1

Vampiro/Pentagon Jr from Ultima Lucha 1, Part 2 is still one of my favorite "violent" matches. It's been so long since I've seen any of this. I thought Del Rio came in at a later date, don't remember Melina at all, Michael Schiavello being the replacement announcer, etc.

I'll be watching this well into the early hours of the morning, probably. I quit sometime in mid-S2 if I remember right, so this should be fun.

• Like 2