DVDVR Message Board

2018 LUCHA UNDERGROUND THREAD

RIPPA

Dude I stopped watching regularly.  Me.  You know how on board I was.  That should give you my vote.

I get that a lot got fucked up and this whole season is like plan Z but goddamn, I'm not feeling it.

I do a fucking podcast on the show and don't watch the show.  Im basically there for dick jokes and talking about W*ING.  A good portion of that is my schedule though.  

But I do think they tried to not so subtly reveal who the limo guy was this week and it's fucking dumb.  Guess you can figure out where I stopped watching this week

On 10/19/2018 at 10:57 AM, Tromatagon said:

But I do think they tried to not so subtly reveal who the limo guy was this week and it's fucking dumb.  Guess you can figure out where I stopped watching this week

I'll admit it, I don't get it. Are we talking about the limo guy that was giving Lorenzo Lamas orders last season?

3 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I'll admit it, I don't get it. Are we talking about the limo guy that was giving Lorenzo Lamas orders last season?

Yeah.  Jake Strong switched to his voice when he told Antonio that he really ran the temple.  Which is dumb because they already established that entity lived in the gauntlet.

I'm guessing he also gets to murder Matanza in a vignette to end the season since Cobb has been very vocal about being done this season.

The idea with the guy in the limo is he's some sort of god who was looking for another body to jump in, and that was going to be whoever ended up with the gauntlet. Since Cuerno* stole the gauntlet, that didn't happen and Dario was shot over it. 

If Tromatagon's theory is right, that god ended up in Jake Strong instead. It's not clear how, but there's was a scene from the S4 trailer we haven't seen yet, where Strong is looking into a bright white glowing case. I assumed it was something to do with the gauntlet, but they did the same sort of thing when they teasing that limo guy/god before if I'm remembering right. So maybe that's an Ultima Lucha reveal and something to get you to rewatch the season - if that was even possible, and if the rest of it was worth watching.

* - what happened with Cuerno this season? Cool character who was really over in his return, and has had nothing to do since the second episode. They've teased something with that handicap match, but he's mostly existed on the margins. Cuerno - and Aerostar & Drago to some extent - have been booked like LU has thought they would be pulled from the tapings at any time. There are problems which are obviously the result of LU being unable to get the AAA people they want this year (I call this "every Hernandez match"), but they're not making the best use of the people they have.

I had to go back and re-watch that first segment since I obviously wasn't paying much attention the first time around. I'd say the two voices thing means Jake Strong is possessed by whatever entity wanted the gauntlet, which means his body can be ditched at any time.

I think the gauntlet has joined the split amulet in the "props that get huge build up, then never go anywhere" department.

I was about to name the Lucha Underground seasons 1-3 people I'd take Swagger over specifically in the Lucha Underground setting, mainly to mention that my list would absolutely include Killshot. 

But it wasn't a very long list so I gave up. And I like Swagger, that's kind of the point. Nevermind. Carry on.

There were some pretty bad botches in that trios match, but at least they were front-loaded so most people would forget them after that insane C4 dive and a decent fighting spirit closing stretch. Finally got a little chemistry between Jeremiah and Daga too.

Taya/Ricky was exactly what it should've been.

I'll miss Killshot if there's another season. He's been really good since Season 2.