DVDVR Message Board

2018 LUCHA UNDERGROUND THREAD

RIPPA

• 5 weeks later...

I am very curious to see if this season comes off as Lucha Underground Season 4 or Lucha Underground presents TNA Impact w/ guest spots featuring Lucha Underground workers. There is like... no buzz. First show will be vital to get people interested but even then I feel like they're fighting to just win back their regular viewers (like me) who were such a small # as it was.

It's hard to see what the goal of this group is other than give paydays to friends of those in charge. I'm less interested in what happens on the show this year as much as seeing if they make ANY attempt to expand.

4 hours ago, Robert said:

I am very curious to see if this season comes off as Lucha Underground Season 4 or Lucha Underground presents TNA Impact w/ guest spots featuring Lucha Underground workers. There is like... no buzz. First show will be vital to get people interested but even then I feel like they're fighting to just win back their regular viewers (like me) who were such a small # as it was.

It's hard to see what the goal of this group is other than give paydays to friends of those in charge. I'm less interested in what happens on the show this year as much as seeing if they make ANY attempt to expand.

It's weird to say but I feel like their decisions being more like my own decisions I'd make if I were doing things is what really drew me to LU in the first place, and the more they deviate from what I'd do (which is what I'd like to see more than some fantasy booking bullshit even though it's still fantasy booking bullshit) the less interested I get.

All the other MMMShow guys based in the US went to the tapings and swear it's going to be good though.

I thought the booking of that sucked as far as eliminations coming way too quickly making most everyone come off like nothing, especially Muertes going out that easy. I did like the 'surprise' entrants. Dreamer coming out to Jerry Lynn's WWE theme, I've always been a fan of Jessie Godderz, thought he was just getting really good when he left Impact, so I'm happy to see him involved, and Hernandez who again was there and gone in a minute. The outcome never felt in doubt. Not sure about Antonio replacing Dario. Overall it was a fine re-intro of the roster but left a lot to be desired as a match especially compared to past Aztec Warfares.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

I thought the booking of that sucked as far as eliminations coming way too quickly making most everyone come off like nothing, especially Muertes going out that easy. I did like the 'surprise' entrants. Dreamer coming out to Jerry Lynn's WWE theme, I've always been a fan of Jessie Godderz, thought he was just getting really good when he left Impact, so I'm happy to see him involved, and Hernandez who again was there and gone in a minute. The outcome never felt in doubt. Not sure about Antonio replacing Dario. Overall it was a fine re-intro of the roster but left a lot to be desired as a match especially compared to past Aztec Warfares.

Yeah, to steal a line from Scott Keith(I know, ugh.. blasphemy) it was Perfectly Acceptable Wrestling. Nothing terrible, nothing great. 

It was rough. For the first half of the match if you told me I accidentally put on an episdoe of Impact at it's worst, I'd have believed it. Fenix saved things & the final 4 was decent but this was just a lot of bad. Really didn't feel like Lucha Underground as much as what's left of what was once Lucha Underground.

The Dario/Antonio stuff just seems like it's insulting to me as a viewer. I'd rather they have just done the bit where Dario being shot was a dream or he was wearing a protective vest.

• Like 1

Fenix should have been in the Final 4 instead of Chavo. The Vinny part was the drizzling shits!  Nowhere near as good as the 1st 2 Aztec Warfare but at least Sexy Star didn't win! 

Next week should be interesting with two title fights and the Catrina searching for the Gauntlet. 

I had kind of stayed away from spoilers but still got the Antonio thing spoiled, and I thought it sounded awesome reading about it.

I think it kind of sucks on TV.  I don't want to be one of those demanding asshole Star Wars crybaby fans - I wanted it to be so rad and it so wasn't rad

The opening vignette felt like vintage LU and I was pumped for the new season. Then the rest of the show happened.

The new arena sucks. Feels like an indy that a lot of ex-LU guys ended up in because it was nearby. The camerawork and editing was even worse than before. It felt like that time-skip episode of Futurama. The retcon stuff like Antonio and Dante Fox disappearing was bad. The action was rushed and pretty much everyone outside of Pentagon felt like a jobber or a second-tier star. Didn't feel like Seasons 1-3 at all (even at their worst).

• Like 1

While I am glad LU is back, that was a rough return. Antonio looks like he walked out of a terrible SNL sketch. I really hope they pull some magical mumbo jumbo to put that situation back where it needs to be. 

Aztec Warfare was a mess. Just a bunch of bad eliminations(was Chavo supposed to hit a brainbuster and not a meh suplex on Fenix?) and nothing had any build or real connection. Dreamer and Godderz...no thanks. Ricky Mundo is possessed..or something, but they sure got a lot of shots of that scary doll huh? That was...cool? 

Count me in on thinking they swapped out Melissa for someone else.

Trying to stay positive but man not much to pick from in episode 1. Let's hope it gets better.