DVDVR Message Board

2018 LUCHA UNDERGROUND THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah and they only didn't use Melina because they "didn't want to do the same thing WWE did"

Mundo married her replacement I think that it's all pretty clear what happened, but that remains what people from the company will tell you.

Edited by Tromatagon

Was Lucha Underground Alberto the best Alberto? I'd say so. That was also peak Johnny Mundo too. They gave us so much in so little before going to shit. Went from my favourite promotion to something I didn't even bother to watch die. ?

Do you guys think Pentagon and Fenix will learn less is more? They are both wonderful and all but, and this stands out most in places like PWG where there is no filter, they do way too much and this is coming from a Kota Ibushi and Kenny Omega super fan. I still think the Vampiro match from Ultima Lucha is Penta's best match and he's had plenty of opportunities to best it. That match, while having the benefit of editing, told a fucking brilliant story and he sold his ass off. I'll never forget him staring into the hardcam with his mask torn asunder and him bleeding buckets. It was this look of both vulnerability and determination at once. My favourite Pentagon moment to this day.

LU Alberto refused to job to Pentagon so he can eat shit.

Penta vs Vampiro was nowhere as good live but it still ruled and was awesome to be in the front row for it.  It really benefited from editing, especially this really stupid fucking spot where Matt Striker helped set up a fire table that wouldn't light.  That's why the fire table just kind of appears in the match.

There was also like 20 minutes of trying to get an ambulance into the arena for Vampiro's stretcher comeback.  That sucked.

Penta already knows less is more, but Fenix doesn't operate that way.  Penta is taking it a lot easier in his matches to the point where people cry about it, I just think it's smart and he earned it.  

Edited by Tromatagon

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I'll DM you I don't remember how to do spoilers.

Click the eye icon on the post bar where you pick bold, italics, etc. Or just write [ spoiler ] and then [ / spoiler ] (without the spaces of course)

Edited by Curt McGirt

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Vampiro/Pentagon Jr from Ultima Lucha 1, Part 2 is still one of my favorite "violent" matches.

I think that was the moment "the light went on" and I became a fan of Penta.

Edited by Justin877
  • Like 3

He's an actor but I saw him take some pretty fucked up bumps that looked like shit on camera but pretty brutal basically at my feet.

I forget who tree slammed him but it didnt seem to end well.

Edited by Tromatagon

I wonder if he's got the same "no other TV wrestling without approval" contract as the wrestlers, or if he's just decided he doesn't want to get typecast as a wrestling guy, because I'm sure people have asked. I said this on Twitter already, but I'd totally use him somehow in the announcement of Penta & Fenix officially signing AEW. If he can't be Dario, make him their contract lawyer or something and wink at it. It'd be a viral thing.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...