DVDVR Message Board

SURVIVOR: Blood VS Water

Newb82

Interesting start to the season, although I have to change the channel anytime Colton is talking. How he wasn't sent to Redemption Island pronto is beyond me.

Rupert is still a likable idiot that will never get near a win because he always wants to be seen "doing the right thing".

Gervase is a moron, and will probably be the first sacrifice when the returning players lose an immunity challenge, unless he aligns with the right people.

I mainly watch this show because I'm in a pool and could win $100, but this season looks like it could be more interesting than the last couple. Just get that asswipe Colton off my TV. His fiance is cool though.

I was so hoping the boat with the veterans would start taking on water while they were turning in circles as Kat and Colton screeched at each other.

What was up with Gervase's stamina? I though dude was going to have a heat stroke or something with the way he was having trouble out in the water.

A little too soon to be calling the first tribal elimination a "blind-side" don't you think?

There's really no one I like on either tribe, yet.

Isn't Gervase the architect of the "Alliance Strategy" that's pretty much been the basis of every reality show competition or was it someone else from that first season?

No, that was first season winner Richard Hatch. Gervase originated the "be everybody's pal and you can get away with murder" social strategy.

I actually don't remember off hand...but I think it's Gervase's niece (it's randomly drawn), which if the case means I'll end up getting my money back when Rupert wins the first Redemption Island challenge.

It's only the last place finisher for the Redemption Island challenge that goes home. Plus I wouldn't say Rupert 4.0 winning it is a guaranteed lock.

I just got a major spoiler for this season thrown up by reading recap comments, so be forewarned if you want to stay spoiler free. 

The first episode was pretty boring, all told. I guess I'm still excited to see Rupert, but none of the other returning players do much to excite me. Colton is such an awful little boy. My dislike of him goes beyond rooting interest and in to fast forward. Kat may be the dumbest person ever to appear on reality television. Think of the ground that covers.  

COLTON QUIT! I DON'T HAVE TO FF THROUGH HALF THE SHOW ANYMORE!

Some other stuff happened too. Husband VS wife at Redemption Island could get interesting. The new blood tribe was dumb for not getting rid of Brad when they had the chance. If he advances, they're pretty much at the Boston Rob situation like that one season where he controlled things so completely that even the people on the jury that hated him voted for him to win because they had no respect for the other two that rode his coattails.

They should have voted Brad off last week, although this could be the first season where one tribe wins all the challenges before the merge.

Didn't Tandang win all of the challenges on Survivor : Phillippines?

Edit : scratch that, Kalabaw won the first challenge (didn't affect Tandang much , as it was a 3 way challenge that Matsing lost).

• 8 months later...