DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: SECOND HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Presti should have traded Westbrook to the Lakers and kept Durant and Harden.  Durant and Harden are unselfish and can make their teammates better and would have worked beautifully together.  Lakers can still overtake the Thunder for the 8th spot, I firmly believe. 

The East playoff picture is super interesting.  Who is going to draw the short straw and have to play Philly in the first round?

I wouldn't know how to predict a first round matchup with Embiid playing an extra 5 minutes a game and no back-to-backs.

Embiid is the DPOY in my opinion. I think PG will probably win it, but I'm taking The Process.

16 in a row!!! Can’t rest because we got the Bucks and Giannis on a SEGABABA. On the road. Schedule Loss? With this Rockets team who knows, anything is possible! 

There was a graphic during the game last night that showed the Thunder were 14-2 when Westbrook shot less than 17 shots, and under .500 when he shot more. Of course, he shot 29 last night. This year with PG and Melo he’s proving what a fraud of an MVP he was last year.

Interesting to note that even with PG and Carmelo, Thunder have the exact same record as they did this time last season and at the moment are projected to be an even lower seed than last year.  They have five very winnable games coming up and they need to win all of them, because the next ten or so could really derail them.  Especially when you consider they haven't beaten a playoff team since Feb 6.

20 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Interesting to note that even with PG and Carmelo, Thunder have the exact same record as they did this time last season and at the moment are projected to be an even lower seed than last year.  They have five very winnable games coming up and they need to win all of them, because the next ten or so could really derail them.  Especially when you consider they haven't beaten a playoff team since Feb 6.

They have a tough schedule coming up.  It's not out of the realm of possibility that they actually miss the playoffs.  Especially with the way the Jazz and Clippers and Lakers are playing.  PG is as good as gone, and there's a possibility Carmelo leaves money on the table in his player option and goes anywhere else just to be away from Russ.  https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/07/russell-westbrook-okc-thunder-paul-george/

Is Rose even eligible for the playoff roster? I thought the deadline for free agents signing for that was March 1st. If that is true, then it seems like this is a desperation signing to try to give them something of a boost before Jimmy returns from his injury.

3 hours ago, brocklock said:

Is Rose even eligible for the playoff roster? I thought the deadline for free agents signing for that was March 1st. If that is true, then it seems like this is a desperation signing to try to give them something of a boost before Jimmy returns from his injury.

Players just have to waived by March 1 to be eligible for a playoff roster.  You can still sign players and have them be playoff-eligible up until sometime in April.

Scary shit in Minnesota as Jaylen Brown lost his grip on the rim after a dunk and landed headfirst on the court.  Thankfully he was eventually able to get up on his own and hopefully he's going to be okay, but he was absolutely knocked out.  Marcus Smart initial reaction looking like he just saw his teammate die makes it even more emotional.

DVDVR Lakers fans... are you ready to retract all that Kuzma > Lonzo nonsense from earlier in the year?

I really like Lonzo's game. Haven't seen very many point guards his age so committed on the defensive end. 

Ingram/Lonzo is a great core to build around.