DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: SECOND HALF

Dolfan in NYC

I'm pretty sure you would've made a very nice ROI if you'd picked the Rockets and Raptors to be the #1 seeds at the start of the second half. 

And since they were just put back into stock, I'm using my tax returns to get me one of these bad boys:

WadeCity_F_hr.png?v=1518134471

Onto the 2nd half...

• Like 1

Just renewed my Sixers seasons for next year for $10 a game. Also got the pay as we play playoff option and my first round tickets are $12. If an act of Embiid happens and they make the finals my seat will be $25 a game.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 10:39 PM, Greggulator said:

https://streamable.com/qtwb

Just in case you somehow have never seen the epic Dennis Scott rant before a youth basketball camp where 3D says the phrase "Don't ask me for my autograph. Ask me to explain the rage inside of me."

This will never not be funny to me.  The part where you hear "Previously On Ready To Die" blasting in the background during his rant is marvelous. Someone should find one of those kids to interview today.

• Like 1

He's gotta be #2.  I don't think he'll ever be considered over Hakeem, since Hakeem brought Houston it's first EVER championship in any sport.  But, yeah, until he gets a championship, some people might put Clyde over him (even though he spent most of his career in Portland - but he was a native son).  I think he's gotta be considered over Yao and Tracy and Calvin and Rudy. 

He should've been MVP two times already (over Westbrook last year and over Steph when he took himself and no other all stars to the western conference finals).

On 2/27/2018 at 12:50 PM, Lawful Metal said:

He's gotta be #2.  I don't think he'll ever be considered over Hakeem, since Hakeem brought Houston it's first EVER championship in any sport.  But, yeah, until he gets a championship, some people might put Clyde over him (even though he spent most of his career in Portland - but he was a native son).  I think he's gotta be considered over Yao and Tracy and Calvin and Rudy. 

He should've been MVP two times already (over Westbrook last year and over Steph when he took himself and no other all stars to the western conference finals).

If he beats this Warriors team and Lebron in back to back series it's a conversation with Hakeem. That would be quite the feat..  

Can't find the original, but I read something on twitter last night that basically said "Sam Presti drafted 3 MVPs and kept the worst one."

And I don't know that I necessarily agree with that but I'm also finding it really hard to disagree.

• Like 1

Well I'm certainly a Harden fan now. That was the most gangsta shit I've seen in a basketball game since AI stepped over Tyron Lue. *

*excludes Malice in the Palace which ceased being a basketball game.

8 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Can't find the original, but I read something on twitter last night that basically said "Sam Presti drafted 3 MVPs and kept the worst one."

And I don't know that I necessarily agree with that but I'm also finding it really hard to disagree.

I imagine he regrets shipping him out to keep Kendrick FUCKING Perkins, and betting big on Ibaka as well. . . .

Harden was never going to be an MVP staying in OKC playing second or third fiddle.  He needed to be somewhere where he was the franchise.  Though I agree Presti made a mistake going all-in on Ibaka thinking he was going to the next level.

IT has his best game of the season as the Lakers demolish Miami on the road.  It's a shame LA had that 9-game losing streak to pretty much end their playoff chances, because this is the best I have seen of this team in four or five years.  They legit have a shot at ending the season at .500 when they looked all but dead two months ago.