DVDVR Message Board

2017-18 NBA: SECOND HALF

Dolfan in NYC

Celtics probably won't make it out of the first round. They've won a couple games this week against the Thunder and Blazers that I did not see coming but even so the injuries are just too much.  They are without Kyrie for probably a month or more.   I don't think Hayward is returning. I don't think Smart is returning.  I guess they'll have Brown.  

I don't see a team of Horford,  Morris,  Rozier,  Brown and Tatum doing too much.  

Also, The Cavs beat the Raptors the other night to remind them that an ass-kicking is coming.    The East is still LeBron's.  

Fultz finally playing tonight. He has looked a lot better recently in clips hopefully it transfers to in game action. TJ McConnell has been pretty brutal recently after a stretch of playing well. 

Rockets win 10th in a row! 3 10+ win streaks in one season. Pretty fun to be leading by 40 in the third. I was at the game and to win by this much without Harden and Capela and (Mbah a Moute) is pretty cool, even if the Bulls are tanking. Magic number is 2! Let’s go Pacers!

I legitimately feel terrible for Isaiah Thomas. He's a 29 year old undersized shoot first point guard having another surgery on his hip. He's never going to get the big payday.

Thunder on meltdown mode after losing the third straight game that they pretty much threw away.  And they still have the Warriors and Rockets to come.  They went from an easy 4 seed to now fighting for their lives.  Five games left and a 2-3 finish does NOT guarantee a playoff spot.

The Spurs officially will not win 50 games this year, breaking a streak that started in the 99-00 season.

Keep in mind the year before was the shortened 50 game season that the Spurs ended up winning their first title in.

Woj is on some next level shit and is spoiling picks in an esports draft.

Mavs Gaming took 'Dimez' first in the NBA2k draft, in case any of that means anything to you.

Kyrie is going to miss the rest of the season and the playoffs.  I really hope the Bucks can end up the 7th seed and get them in the first round, because I would sure as shit rather see them than Toronto or Cleveland.

It's funny.  I got home and saw the halftime score for LA/Houston, and I'm like who the fuck is Andre Ingram?  

One YouTube later, and the Lakers signed the goddamn modern day Rudy.  Lakers lost but Andre got 14 pts on 6-8 shooting, 80% on 3s, 3 blocks, 3 rebounds.  So happy he got the chance, even happier he made the most of it.

Few notes for tonight:  

If Russ gets 14 rebounds, he will average a triple-double for the second straight season.  

If LeBron plays tonight, it will be the first time in his career that he plays in all 82 games in a season. 

Every playoff match-up in the East is still in question. Cleveland and Philadelphia (...well, that just doesn't sound right) are fighting for the #3 seed and a bye to the Conference Finals, and the lower half features 3 teams all vying to draw the #7 seed to be able to play the injury ravaged Celtics. 

Also, the winner of Denver-Minnesota tonight gets in to the playoffs to probably face Golden State (without Curry).