DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] Feb 21, 2018 TV SHOW

ChesterCopperpot

I think Gargano's ceiling is above 205 live, but for now I see it as a more viable option for him to have some success with Trips leading his vision of the show.

As long as Vince is running things Gargano will be sabotaged from the outset on the main shows. Is he as talented as Bryan was to make it work? Not sure. It's a miracle Bryan reached the heights that he did. 

2 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

I can see HHH using 205 as a way to protect certain NXT guys. Like Murphy is, at best, the new Hawkins and Ryder the second he's called up. 

Murphy's best hope is being paired with Alexa. I honestly can't believe they weren't released a while ago.

19 hours ago, Rick said:

As long as Vince is running things Gargano will be sabotaged from the outset on the main shows. Is he as talented as Bryan was to make it work? Not sure. It's a miracle Bryan reached the heights that he did. 

Part of the reason Bryan got as hot as he did was because he was being sabotaged on the main roster.

4 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

Yep.

I mean if they fire Ziggler they could probably use Murphy in the same role and no one would notice...

Given the lack of effort Ziggler tends to put into his matches these days, I think people would notice Murphy acting like he gives a damn in comparison.

Loved that follow up with Johnny signing his release papers. That has to be the most realistic wrestling firing ever lol.

I'm guessing due to the controversial ending, Regal grants Johnny the favor of one last unsanctioned match against Ciampa.

23 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

Loved that follow up with Johnny signing his release papers. That has to be the most realistic wrestling firing ever lol.

Needs an obligatory exit interview:

"In your time with the organization, is there anything that hindered you, or you think should be improved moving forward?"

"Well, I, individually, thought I was performing to the best of my ability, but I felt management lent a deaf ear to how my productivity and success ultimately suffered from a co-worker repeatedly blasting me a crutch..."

"Sure, we hear that a lot."

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

I'm guessing due to the controversial ending, Regal grants Johnny the favor of one last unsanctioned match against Ciampa.

I hope Regal reveals that's actually what he had Gargano sign. Uncle Regal yelling at Ciampa then getting beaten to a lul would be amazing. 

Cole's more equivalent to CM Punk... wrestling wise too. He's more fit thou... but that goes against him since he's built like Gargano but doesn't put as much effort in the gym as Gargano.

Ziggler always came as the more athletic and dynamic part of a tag team. He really needed to be part of a tag team to help mature his character (example: Miz and Morrison benefited greatly) .

12 hours ago, turk128 said:

Ziggler always came as the more athletic and dynamic part of a tag team. He really needed to be part of a tag team to help mature his character (example: Miz and Morrison benefited greatly) .

I always thought Dolph and Truth would make a good team.  Dolph can take a beating for most of the match, since selling is really the only thing he ever put any effort into, and Truth's flashy offense would make for a great hot tag.

What would the reaction for Adam Cole be if he came in as a "NXT Original" and not from an indies run? I am asking honestly. I do not know. 

O'Reilly would be DOA. I think everyone would be "eh" on Fish. But Adam Cole? I have no idea. I've come around to him, but I think a lot of the reaction he gets is from the smark audience who will cheer pretty much anyone from the indies who ends up in NXT. 

19 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

What would the reaction for Adam Cole be if he came in as a "NXT Original" and not from an indies run? I am asking honestly. I do not know. 

O'Reilly would be DOA. I think everyone would be "eh" on Fish. But Adam Cole? I have no idea. I've come around to him, but I think a lot of the reaction he gets is from the smark audience who will cheer pretty much anyone from the indies who ends up in NXT. 

Basically Tyler Breeze. Good enough in the ring and at character work but shouldn't be within spitting distance of the main event. Cole's reaction, like Zayn's, has been based on him being one of "our guys" for his whole NXT run. The difference is that Zayn's work warrants that kind of reaction and I'm not sure Cole's does.

• 4 weeks later...