DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] Feb 21, 2018 TV SHOW

ChesterCopperpot

Man Ciampa is definitely on the IcoPro because he has never been that big.    That Ciampa vs Gargano match at Takeover Wrestlemania is going to be incredible with a great crowd. 

I wonder if there has ever been a bigger resurrection project in the last 5 years of the WWE than Almas.   I mean the argument is that the suspenders and goofy hat was the original plan to get to where we are now.  But I am kind of doubting it.  A year ago at this time Almas seems like a great worker who was going to be lost in the shuffle.  Now he is having the best matches not in NXT but the company.   

I know I shit on Mauro a ton but my biggest issue at the end was the obvious difference between Mauro at the match and Mauro in the production room doing replay.  All the emotion from the match seemed lost at the end

• Like 2

I'm starting to think Johnny Gargano is the best in-ring babyface in the world. He's better in this role in NXT than Sami was, which I didn't think was possible.

Props to the ref. He took one hell of an elbow from Almas.

Ciampa is the devil and I love it.

• Like 1

Almas/Gargano have a rare once in a generation chemistry which makes me sad that Gargano's seemingly moving onto Ciampa (I mean, that match is going to be the pick of Mania weekend, but still) I hope we get at least one more match in their series before either get the call up. I'm with Fowler in believing Gargano is the best baby in the world right now, he's just unrivaled. There isn't a more convincing seller in the game at the moment. I want him to win, he draws my sympathy. I've missed wanting to see wrestlers win matches. 

The shot of Ciampa at the end was fucking frightening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm starting to think Johnny Gargano is the best in-ring babyface in the world. He's better in this role in NXT than Sami was, which I didn't think was possible.

Props to the ref. He took one hell of an elbow from Almas.

Ciampa is the devil and I love it.

Gargano is going to be WWE champ someday.

Like no matter what they do to quell him, dude is so sympathetic and so good that he's going to get over enough. 

24 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Look at that attention to detail, Gargano's still booked to appear on NXT live events this weekend.

They could try and say he's fulfilling his final commitments, though with it being the same brand that's a stretch.  Or they just simply say he can't be there and get a replacement.

But it's amazing to think how before NXT Gargano was rather divisive to many when it came to what he brought to the indies.  It's quite a difference then compared to now where he's the number one all-time NXT babyface and having a 5 star match with Almas.  Really glad to see how successful he's been so far.

Just now, NikoBaltimore said:

They could try and say he's fulfilling his final commitments, though with it being the same brand that's a stretch.  Or they just simply say he can't be there and get a replacement..

Watch the video posted above, they mention fulfilling his final commitments.  I was just complimenting them on actually going that far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Watch the video posted above, they mention fulfilling his final commitments.  I was just complimenting them on actually going that far.

Oh, okay.  I'm at work so I couldn't see it yet but that makes sense.  And in that case that's some awesome attention to detail.

• Like 1

I'll admit Gargano was just a guy to me on the indies.  Not someone I disliked but he never did much to make me think about him either way.  Ever since DIY started delivering he's been one of the best in the promotion.  This would be a great way to lead to Gargano being called up, but clearly they need to have a blowoff match with he and Ciampa, plus they're leaving money on the table if they don't do a mixed tag match against Almas and Vega.  I wonder what the angle will be...an "unsanctioned" match against Ciampa at Takeover?  Have any other promotions done something like that, allowed someone who had been exiled to wrestle in a match that wasn't technically sanctioned by the company?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'll admit Gargano was just a guy to me on the indies.  Not someone I disliked but he never did much to make me think about him either way.  Ever since DIY started delivering he's been one of the best in the promotion.  This would be a great way to lead to Gargano being called up, but clearly they need to have a blowoff match with he and Ciampa, plus they're leaving money on the table if they don't do a mixed tag match against Almas and Vega.  I wonder what the angle will be...an "unsanctioned" match against Ciampa at Takeover?  Have any other promotions done something like that, allowed someone who had been exiled to wrestle in a match that wasn't technically sanctioned by the company?

The pop when Regal makes that match is gonna be unreal. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Masked man named Johnny Wrestling?

Christ Regal is so good in that video. He's such a great actor in a way wrestlers almost never are.

I met him last Sunday at a show and asked if he ever considered comedy.  He said unless it's the right opportunity acting doesn't pay well, plus he's busy with NXT.  That and with a lot of WWE being about acting and selling he didn't feel a need to look outside of it.  But he did appreciate the compliments I gave him in regards to that.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

The thing this video also plays off of is Drake not wanting to make the three count. I rewatched the match and when Drake makes his three count, he slightly pauses at 2 and almost has a look of regret when his hand comes down for the three

• Like 3

Wonder if the way to get around this would be to sign him to a "205 Live" contract or just a regular RAW or Smackdown contract and then make him the part timer who can only appear when available.  Like when Tyson Kidd and Titus O'Neil and many others did.  I mean we know he wouldn't be busy on Takeover events.    I can't remember if they call this a termination of services from the WWE or just NXT.   

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Wonder if the way to get around this would be to sign him to a "205 Live" contract or just a regular RAW or Smackdown contract and then make him the part timer who can only appear when available.  Like when Tyson Kidd and Titus O'Neil and many others did.  I mean we know he wouldn't be busy on Takeover events.    I can't remember if they call this a termination of services from the WWE or just NXT.   

It was just NXT so he could go to Raw or Smackdown.