DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane IV - 3/11/2018

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Asuka's gut is getting noticeable.

Oh, fuck off with that shit.  She's always been a "not-quite" in-shape performer and that I think actually makes her look more badass when she's allowed to murder people.  You're acting like she's turning into the Junkyard Asuka.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

Oh, fuck off with that shit.  She's always been a "not-quite" in-shape performer and that I think actually makes her look more badass when she's allowed to murder people.  You're acting like she's turning into the Junkyard Asuka.

Please don't virtue signal. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I said it's becoming noticeable. Perhaps I could have elaborated more on this - between that and her being hung out to dry with her promo on Raw a few weeks back, I wonder how long it is before Vince/Dunn lose interest and she becomes just another person on the roster.

The kick-off show tag was fun.

Rusev/Nakamura was good. Hopefully we get a bigger rematch later in the year for the title.

Roode/Orton was ok but definitely on the dull side.

Women's tag was decent aside form that moment where Nattie seemed unsure of where to throw Naomi out.

Tag Titles match was good up until the BB came in a murdered everyone. Loved the BB interference. I guess this means we get a triple threat at WM.

Charlotte/Ruby was solid. Glad we are gettign Asuka vs. Charlotte at WM.

The main event was pretty good. Loved the opening with Cena handing out AAs to all. The match had a nice chaotic feel, and I dug what they did with Owens, Zayn, and Shane. I assume we are gettign Sami and Kevin vs. Shane and a partner at WM.

Good show, definitely better than expected.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Please don't virtue signal.

You send out a whole bunch of other signals when you phrase your objections that way, so maybe don't.

That said, you spent much of that same post noticing Orton's hair and shiny tights and declaring his look "indy-riffic." So nobody has any reason to seriously consider your assessment of anyone's appearance. 

ANYWAY

I don't know when either of these things happened, but I like Randy Orton and I like Bobby Roode. And I was excited to see them together for the first time. Maybe not the most exciting styles in the world to most people, but I felt they meshed well and both thrived on being in a high-profile, fresh match. I will say that I look forward to a rematch with clear face and heel. 

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

You send out a whole bunch of other signals when you phrase your objections that way, so maybe don't.

That said, you spent much of that same post noticing Orton's hair and shiny tights and declaring his look "indy-riffic." So nobody has any reason to seriously consider your assessment of anyone's appearance. 

ANYWAY

I don't know when either of these things happened, but I like Randy Orton and I like Bobby Roode. And I was excited to see them together for the first time. Maybe not the most exciting styles in the world to most people, but I felt they meshed well and both thrived on being in a high-profile, fresh match. I will say that I look forward to a rematch with clear face and heel. 

At least you're consistent. 

27 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Please don't virtue signal. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I said it's becoming noticeable. Perhaps I could have elaborated more on this - between that and her being hung out to dry with her promo on Raw a few weeks back, I wonder how long it is before Vince/Dunn lose interest and she becomes just another person on the roster.

I got you. I'll pull back.  Took it the wrong way.  I feel like they have something with Asuka and they are about to blow it because she's not really THAT over, and yeah, she should be aware of it too and not leave any room for error.  But I'm pleased she got the reaction she did.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Since this is our first(ish) interaction, I'll assume this is a compliment. 

Unless this is about me consistently enjoying Orton's work over the course of his career. FAKE NEWS. 

Reflection of realizing debating the merits of Randy Orton's appearance was an air bill I didn't want to pay. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I got you. I'll pull back.  Took it the wrong way.  I feel like they have something with Asuka and they are about to blow it because she's not really THAT over, and yeah, she should be aware of it too and not leave any room for error.  But I'm pleased she got the reaction she did.  

At this point - you'd have to say it's the right move to put Charlotte over, if for no other reason than you can't see them maintaining any momentum with her to lose for the first time meaningfully at say Summerslam, or even Mania next year. 

I'd also argue there's suddenly better mileage in Charlotte/Rousey than there is Asuka/Rousey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

At this point - you'd have to say it's the right move to put Charlotte over, if for no other reason than you can't see them maintaining any momentum with her to lose for the first time meaningfully at say Summerslam, or even Mania next year. 

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Charlotte is the only female that WWE has earnestly invested in over the last couple years. Couple that with WWE improbably pushing two eccentric Japanese stars simultaneously (which increases the likelihood of them fucking something up) and Charlotte being five years younger than Asuka (ten man years), and there's no question Charlotte has more WWE road ahead of her than Asuka. 

Charlotte is probably the right choice here. Then again, Asuka is a strong choice for the now. So it should be  good match. At least a better match than Asuka vs Alexa, which is all that matters.

Now we have two title matches where the ladies competing will be on one another's level. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

At least a better match than Asuka vs Alexa, which is all that matters.

Sasha had an excellent match with Asuka and Bayley's was very good also.  We'll see where they land on the card but I can't help but think WWE has already dropped the ball with a few of the women on this roster.  Maybe I'm wrong and Sasha/Bayley get 15 minutes and tear the house down but..  would you bet on them being granted that? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Sasha had an excellent match with Asuka and Bayley's was very good also.  We'll see where they land on the card but I can't help but think WWE has already dropped the ball with a few of the women on this roster.  Maybe I'm wrong and Sasha/Bayley get 15 minutes and tear the house down but..  would you bet on them being granted that? 

On a seven hour show? Off hand, I'd be generous and give them their 15. 

Think given the timing limitations, better to do an injury angle that takes them off the card completely.

With Asuka/Flair, you kinda have to do Jax/Bliss, but think you have to keep Jax heel (have Stephanie feed Ronda to her as punishment after Mania) and also title free for the aforementioned to occur without Rousey ending up with the title.

I'd love to see Sasha challenge Bayley, get thrown through a plate glass window and then Bayley destroy Bliss in under 2 minutes at Mania. Leaves you plenty of options if that were to occur. 

If they gave Bayley and Sasha 15 minutes ring time, they'd be a legit threat to steal the show. But I'd guess bell to bell they get more like six.

Asuka tapping out Flair with an armbar is the only finish that makes a lick of sense. You save the streak for Ronda. You can easily rebuild Flair for a Rousey match, you can't get back an undefeated gimmick. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they fuck it up and give Charlotte the win.

• Like 2

In doing that, aren't you ending up with a bigger problem in who gives Rousey her first loss?

By the same logic - you can have Charlotte go over Asuka, and if Asuka is still getting reactions in a few months, redeem herself by handing Rousey her first loss? I feel like WWE would want the publicity that surrounds Rousey's first loss to display some sort of legitimacy (Asuka tapping her out) rather than some southern fried hokeyness the usual sports shows can beat them over the head with (Flair winning with a chop block, a handful of tights and feet on the rope).

So how does Charlotte beat Asuka? If they want to end the streak, does Asuka tap out to the Figure Eight? Does Charlotte win with the Natural Selection? Or does Charlotte come up with something new? (It's too bad Alexa is using the DDT as a finish because I wouldn't mind seeing Charlotte nail a crisp DDT like her Uncle Arn used to)

For the way WWE has built up this streak, Charlotte would have to damn near kill Asuka and I'm not sure how they book her to do that.

I also think there's a better story in Asuka winning at Manina and remaining dominate on Smackdown Live. Then we can see the story they started to tell in NXT of the Empress  who believes she's a Goddess and is starting to become bored with being dominate.