DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane IV - 3/11/2018

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Anybody know what they're doing playing with those cameras at ringside on some of these shows? I've got a decent guess, but it's just drunk speculation. 

Supposedly they are for the VR stuff (like I also think this is where those super slo-mo videos they put out come from too)

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of the kickoff show - I forgot that Renee called Booker T the first US Champ

That one was so egregious that they actually had to offer a correction coming back from the video package to say that Harley Race was the first one

To be fair, Booker was the first US Champ WWE had from when they bought WCW.  (he had both belts)

Re: Orton Grand Slam Champion

I know we have this discussion pretty regularly. I'm agreeing with Grand Glam, but does he really count for the one after that? I believed I heard it being called "Full House"? Technically he's missing both the Hardcore and European Championships, as they were still around when he debuted.

10 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Re: Orton Grand Slam Champion

I know we have this discussion pretty regularly. I'm agreeing with Grand Glam, but does he really count for the one after that? I believed I heard it being called "Full House"? Technically he's missing both the Hardcore and European Championships, as they were still around when he debuted.

I don't know how reasonable that is - both titles were retired within a couple of months of his main roster debut, and were on the brand he didn't debut on. I think it was Sheamus that called it the Full House - and probably just due to the inclusion of Rumble and MITB briefcase wins.

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't know how reasonable that is - both titles were retired within a couple of months of his main roster debut, and were on the brand he didn't debut on. I think it was Sheamus that called it the Full House - and probably just due to the inclusion of Rumble and MITB briefcase wins.

And Orton has both of those.

I think literally the only thing he's missing is the Universal. I kinda find it hilarious that he wasn't considered a grand slam champion before this. He had held the World Tag, SmackDown Tag, IC, World, and WWE belts. That's already five different titles.

12 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't know how reasonable that is - both titles were retired within a couple of months of his main roster debut, and were on the brand he didn't debut on.

That's fair to say. But technically correct is the best kind of correct, so......give him an asterisk?

8 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I kinda find it hilarious that he wasn't considered a grand slam champion before this. He had held the World Tag, SmackDown Tag, IC, World, and WWE belts. That's already five different titles.

That's one of the things I like looking at when you try and consider who is and who isn't - looking at the era they were in and seeing what belts were available when. Some of the people left have weird ones to complete, like Cena needing the IC, etc.