DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane IV - 3/11/2018

Dolfan in NYC

25 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

IMO, the most efficient way to get the streak out of the way is to have Carmella cash in on Asuka while she’s down.  That way you keep Asuka from truly getting defeated while removing the specter of “Well, they won’t end the streak here” from her matches.

Then have Asuka murder her and take the belt back? because there is no way any match between Carmella and Asuka is believable right now

1 minute ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Then have Asuka murder her and take the belt back? because there is no way any match between Carmella and Asuka is believable right now

Paper champion who keeps running from the monster face that would tear her apart one on one. Money's in the chase. Maybe they could bring back Ellsworth for one night to get murdered by Asuka. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Paper champion who keeps running from the monster face that would tear her apart one on one. Money's in the chase. Maybe they could bring back Ellsworth for one night to get murdered by Asuka. 

Plus, the chickenshit champ has a bunch of ways to deal with the rematch clause (Countout, DQ, etc.).  Asuka haunting Carmella for months like Gollum would be super fun. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Yep, and it wouldn’t just be Asuka chasing her, but Charlotte also.

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I have no idea if you're being serious or not, but this would probably be a surprisingly good feud.  I felt like Nikki was underrated by the end of her run and has more hurty offense than the majority of WWE wrestlers.  I give her credit - she came up in an era when realistic-looking offense wasn't really stressed; and her status as Miss Cena probably meant she could have kept her spot without working to improve.

Whenever it comes to Nikki Bella, I am deathly serious.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since not a lot of folks watched the kickoff show - apparently they are making something out of this

So we are going with Mojo not wanting to be a wrestler and threatening workplace violence on a female coworker. Okay dokey

The button pushing comment seemed to be more of a general statement to the fans. Mojo not caring about being a "wrestler" seems to be more a thing of being above the terminology, that he transcends it as a "superstar" which is something the company has been pushing for years anyways.

I enjoyed the show, to be quite honest. 

Favorites: 

- Opening match. Rusev looked great here. 

- Tag match was fun, was actually put off by how short it was, since I was looking forward towards this. Beatdown was good, I thought Xavier was dead. 

- Charlotte/Riott was awesome. Favorite match of the night. I wish I’d gotten another 5 minutes of it. I get where they’re going, but if it wasn’t a few blocks away from Mania, I would’ve been more pissed that Ruby didn’t win the belt. 

- Main event was pretty good. Knew AJ was gonna walk out as the winner. I’m tired of this Shane shit, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

Speaking of the kickoff show - I forgot that Renee called Booker T the first US Champ

That one was so egregious that they actually had to offer a correction coming back from the video package to say that Harley Race was the first one

That just reminded me of that dipshit title win he had. Where, I believe they recreated the Benoit/Booker best of, but Booker had, I think, Orton (?) as a replacement and he handed it over. 

Which, if you think about it, shouldn't that count as a US title win for Orton? So, he had already won it before, yeah? 

::sees self said Benoit::

...oh, right.

16 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

That just reminded me of that dipshit title win he had. Where, I believe they recreated the Benoit/Booker best of, but Booker had, I think, Orton (?) as a replacement and he handed it over. 

Which, if you think about it, shouldn't that count as a US title win for Orton? So, he had already won it before, yeah? 

::sees self said Benoit::

...oh, right.

Yes. late 2005 to Jan 2006.

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Since not a lot of folks watched the kickoff show - apparently they are making something out of this

So we are going with Mojo not wanting to be a wrestler and threatening workplace violence on a female coworker. Okay dokey

For a second there, I thought that NRA Spokeswoman, Dana Loesh, got a job with the WWE. 

Thank goodness that I am old and have astigmatism.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surprisingly Sincere Man said:

Surprised nobody on this board has mentioned Dolph Ziggler dropping a Seinfeld reference on the kickoff show.

Roberts - "We've got a question here from Sue Ellen..."

Ziggler - "Sue Ellen Mischke, the bra-less wonder?"

Renee seemed to get the reference, Roberts didn't.

Figures, I don't watch the kick off show and miss the Seinfeld reference. Unlike Jerry, I am not Even Steven.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Surprisingly Sincere Man said:

Surprised nobody on this board has mentioned Dolph Ziggler dropping a Seinfeld reference on the kickoff show.

Roberts - "We've got a question here from Sue Ellen..."

Ziggler - "Sue Ellen Mischke, the bra-less wonder?"

Renee seemed to get the reference, Roberts didn't.

Please don’t make me think good things about Dolph Ziggler again. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of the kickoff show - I forgot that Renee called Booker T the first US Champ

That one was so egregious that they actually had to offer a correction coming back from the video package to say that Harley Race was the first one

Booker forgetting he was a US champ in WCW then yelling Beastie Boys lyrics as everyone looks confused...

He’s such a hybrid of awful and amazing. 

5 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

Even with the ring rust she was damn solid in the women’s RR.

I know it would never happen, but Nikki and Brie on the Indy's could be some serious fun stuff.

As for this show, it was so weird. It was like watching something on auto simulation. I mean it was live, but you could tell for the most part people were going through the motions.

I was a bit surprised at Ruby Riott vs. Charlotte. It was better than I expected. But Charlotte needs to abandon the moonsalts and stuff. She always misses them by at least a mile whenever she goes for one.

The Sixway was way better than it had any right to be. So after what Shane did to Owens and Sami, I really hope we finally get Daniel Bryan picking a damn side in all of this. Either he turns heel and sides with them or he stays face and teams with Shane. 

AJ vs. Nakamura is gonna be a fun Wrestlemania opener.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently - Randy Orton called Rosenberg "Paul" so I will not say mean things about Randy Orton for 24 hours

Phil using the "he doesn't work tonight anyway" loophole I see.