DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane IV - 3/11/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Full credit to them for the main event which was really fun and told a really great story. I kinda like that this time Zayn and Owens are 100% justified. Owens had the match won completely on his own accord. There was no bullshit Zayn and Owens working together stuff, and they both were in positions to win the title clean and Shane screwed them. It's gonna make the 2 on 1 beatdown on Talking Smack feel 100% earned. 

It was a good show. Not amazing, but good.

Russev/Nak was good and could have been even better with more time and buildup.  Hopefully they get another match before focusing on the AJ/Nak program.

I barely paid attention to the US title match and what I saw was every bit as dull as I expected.  The 3 man match at Mania they're going to have will be a good bathroom break.

I see Becky made a bodysuit out of Seth Rollins' new tights.

The BB's beatdown was cool.  I'm looking forward to them getting in the title picture.

The women's title match was solid.  Ruby was bumping like crazy.  Askua deciding to challenge Charlotte instead of Alexa doesn't make much sense, but they've got plenty of time to explain that.

The main event was better than I thought it would be.  There was plenty of the trademark "two people get their shit in while everyone else lays around outside" but also a good amount of other entertaining stuff mixed throughout.  I'm glad AJ won.  I'm not glad Owens and Sami are going to be stuck in a WM program with Shane.

Sure, the Bludgeon Brothers run-in cost us what could have stolen the show in New Day/Usos, but I am happy as hell Harper & Rowan are finally in the title picture, and could possibly win the titles at.............dramatic sign pointing..........Wrestlemania.

• Like 1

Loved the six man. It was a mess but every individual segment was entertaining and everything involving Cena/Owens/Styles was golden. Plus Sami is such a great ambiguous heel.

I love everything Charlotte Flair does and that was a good match if you create your own booking angle and pretend they set it up better with Charlotte as the Lawful Evil symbol of mainstream hardwork (and cheating) toward success and Ruby as the chaotic evil symbol of succeeding through seeding anarchic disorder.  Of course, WWE booking managed to capture none of that but I can fucking roleplay a PPV if I wanna.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Woods fucking ate that Killer Bomb and it looked like it hurt a whole lot.

I was seriously worried with how his neck snapped on the corner of the steps.  But his selling was so awesomely over the top I guess he's sort of still a whole human.  All the post beatdown selling was great.  New Day looked like they could be extras when Spielberg is filming Normandy Beach.

The match was good too. Three good watchable matches was waaaaaaay more than I thought I would get out of this card tonight.

• Like 3

I didn't think there was an actual bad match all night. Fine show.

The main event highlighted the stupidity of multi-person matches being inherently no-DQ, of course. So the competitors had carte blanche to use any weapon they wanted, but all six spent the first twenty minutes fighting unarmed because... they're all idiots? Props to Corbin for being the first to clue in, I guess. Match was still good despite this.

Loved the main event, super fun match. Cena opening with 4 straight AAs was awesome. Shane O involvement is always entertaining. Was most looking forward to Ruby/Charlotte, especially after Ruby's killer promo work last week on SDL, and thought it was a very good match. Great performance from Ruby who always comes off like a star. If it wasn't the road to WM, would've loved to see Ruby go over, wouldn't mind revisiting this feud in the future. Asuka/Charlotte should be excellent, massive potential and feels like a big deal. Enjoyed Orton/Roode as they got a ton of a time. Was very surprised to see Orton win the title clean just like that, kind of short reign for Roode. The preshow match just made me sad for Mojo.

So Mania has Miz/Finn/Seth and tonight seemingly set up Roode/Orton/Jinder plus Usos/New Day/Bludgeon, and potentially Shane/Owens/Zayn? Triple threats for all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

So Mania has Miz/Finn/Seth and tonight seemingly set up Roode/Orton/Jinder plus Usos/New Day/Bludgeon, and potentially Shane/Owens/Zayn? Triple threats for all

Oprah is going to host Mania.

Felt like that Orton/Roode match traded off a lot of goodwill towards Roode and not much else. Crowd were into it with the prospect of Roode going over, but by god two guys trading very....methodical....identical.....movesets......was.....tedious. At a guess, Roode pins Jinder at Mania, then beats Orton at whatever PPV is next. Orton growing out his hair, wearing the vintage 2003 era trunks and not bothering to tan as much makes him look super indy-riffic.

Everything else was inoffensive with a touch of phoned in.

Asuka's gut is getting noticeable.

1 minute ago, RolandTHTG said:

Felt like that Orton/Roode match traded off a lot of goodwill towards Roode and not much else. Crowd were into it with the prospect of Roode going over, but by god two guys trading very....methodical....identical.....movesets......was.....tedious. At a guess, Roode pins Jinder at Mania, then beats Orton at whatever PPV is next. Orton growing out his hair, wearing the vintage 2003 era trunks and not bothering to tan as much makes him look super indy-riffic.

Everything else was inoffensive with a touch of phoned in.

Asuka's gut is getting noticeable.

She been getting fed a lot of tomato cans since being on the main roster. 

• Haha 3

I thought Nakamura brought his working boots tonight.   Him and Rusev was pretty darn good down the stretch.  

Decent show.  Main event was what it was.  It could have been better but at least the right man won.  I'm excited for Styles and Nakamura.  Finally we see the WrestleMania graphics for it.  

The Cena story is so dumb but it's awesome.  I love it.  I'm actually looking forward to his whining tomorrow.  

Women's title match was solid.   ASUKA confirmed.  That's the right move too.  

I just hope Sasha and Bayley get a real match and not some BS kickoff stuff.  

• Like 2