DVDVR Message Board

SDL Is A Riott - 2/20/2016

Dolfan in NYC

Well, at least Fastlane is a little clearer.  I mean, I don't want to see it, but hey. They have to have some kind of match. 

I'm very much not digging Dolph acting like a heel and being treated like a face.  Same with Corbin.  Neither of them are Steve Austin. 

The six women tag from tonight was way better than Raw's. AJ/Corbin was good. Owens/Ziggler seemed solid enough though I wasn't supper paying attention.

Not sure why they are slow burning Bludgeon brothers challenging the Usos. I'm disappointed they didn't slaughter New Day.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Pretty sure he was off of last week due to the mixed match challenge. No idea why he wasn't on this week. Its hard to imagine they really want to cool off on him considering they started selling Rusev Day calendars.

You forget this company doesn't usually do things logically.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You forget this company doesn't usually do things logically.

I fully expect them to casually rebrand it to Rousey Day, paste her face over Rusev on the calendars, maybe have her make Rusev submit.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

Pretty sure he was off of last week due to the mixed match challenge. No idea why he wasn't on this week. Its hard to imagine they really want to cool off on him considering they started selling Rusev Day calendars.

Hey, just cause they're making money off the calender's and and shirts doesn't mean they still give a shit. Rusev made the mistake of getting over on his own. The machine doesn't like that.

• Like 1

Just now, Phantom Lord said:

Hey, just cause they're making money off the calender's and and shirts doesn't mean they still give a shit. Rusev made the mistake of getting over on his own. The machine doesn't like that.

And they hate when midcard heels get face heat.

• Like 1

Smackdown is terrible right now at utilizing everyone - so many people have vanished

Carmella hasn't had a match on Smackdown since Jan 2. Heck she has only been in 3 "TV" matches since the New Year

• Jan 2 SDL
  • MMC
  • Royal Rumble

I am trying to decide if that is worse than the usual MITB winner loses a 1000 times on TV

Oh and Nattie has the same exact thing. Was in the same Jan 2 6 person tag as Carmella. Was in MMC and Royal Rumble and that's it.

Tye Dillinger has been in ONE TV match since the new year (Jan 30 when he lost his revenge match against Baron Corbin). Know how many times he has been on Smackdown since that random PPV US Title shot he got? TWO!

• Like 1

Yup, what Rippa said. There's something to be said for not over-exposing people, like NXT does, but quite another to put people in a freezer. 

Honestly, why the fuck does this company have so many wrestlers under contract? You could get rid of 20 percent of Raw and SD, call up people from NXT and still have a shit ton of people left for NXT.

10 hours ago, Eivion said:

The six women tag from tonight was way better than Raw's.

I agree. I really want Ruby to win the title at Fastlane because Lord knows the Riott Squad needs it badly. But no way is Charlotte not champ going into Mania. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Honestly, why the fuck does this company have so many wrestlers under contract? You could get rid of 20 percent of Raw and SD, call up people from NXT and still have a shit ton of people left for NXT.

House shows

That was the whole reason originally why folks like Rhyno and Jinder and Curt Hawkins were re-signed after the brand extension. They wanted bodies to have matches on the house shows.

• Like 1

Frankly, aside from AJ/Nak (ALSO absent from tonight's show), and Usos/Blud Bros, they've got NOTHING else on the Mania track. 

I know the Andre Battle Royale is the catch all for the men who should have programs but if Rhonda isn't fighting Charlotte, there is nothing for any of the women to do.  And there's only so many multi-person matches you can do.   

2 hours ago, Jamal said:

I agree. I really want Ruby to win the title at Fastlane because Lord knows the Riott Squad needs it badly. But no way is Charlotte not champ going into Mania. 

I don't like Riott Squad anywhere near enough to want them to win the belt, especially so close to WM.

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I know the Andre Battle Royale is the catch all for the men who should have programs but if Rhonda isn't fighting Charlotte, there is nothing for any of the women to do.  And there's only so many multi-person matches you can do.   

Clearly they want to prove you wrong

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I don't like Riott Squad anywhere near enough to want them to win the belt, especially so close to WM.

I like Ruby, but she's pretty badly miscast as a heel.

If Bray still had a family, Sarah Logan would be perfect for it.

I like Liv's checkerboard pants and the down suspenders. She should definitely be Sami's ska-girl.

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I like Ruby, but she's pretty badly miscast as a heel.

If Bray still had a family, Sarah Logan would be perfect for it.

I like Liv's checkerboard pants and the down suspenders. She should definitely be Sami's ska-girl.

I like Ruby fine as a heel.

I think Liv has actually found her calling being a similar type of annoying to what Sami is, just on a evil henchmen level.

Logan is the one I'm actually liking the least. She is a better wrestler than Liv, but I'm not really buying into the tough swamp girl act.

2 minutes ago, JCM said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mandy, and Sonya are on the main roster while The Iconic Duo is in limbo. Do they just draw names out of a hat for call ups now?

Not a hat, but the lottery tumbler they use for the Royal Rumble.