DVDVR Message Board

UFC on Fox 28: Emmett vs. Stephens (2/24/2018) - Orlando, FL (Amway Center)

Elsalvajeloco

UFC_on_FOX_28_Emmett_vs._Stephens_Poster

UFC on Fox 28: Emmett vs. Stephens 
February 24, 2018
Orlando, FL (Amway Center)

Josh Emmett (146) vs. Jeremy Stephens (146) - Stephens, KO (strikes), R2 (1:38)
Jessica Andrade (116) vs. Tecia Torres (116) - Andrade, DEC (unanimous)
Ovince St. Preux (206) vs. Ilir Latifi (206) - Latifi, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (3:48)
Mike Perry (170.5) vs. Max Griffin (170) - Griffin, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Preliminary Card:
Renan Barão (136) vs. Brian Kelleher (136) - Kelleher, DEC (unanimous)
Sara McMann (135.5) vs. Marion Reneau (136) - Reneau, SUB (triangle choke), R2 (3:40)
Angela Hill (116) vs. Maryna Moroz (114) - Hill, DEC (unanimous)
Ben Saunders (171) vs. Alan Jouban (171) - Jouban, KO (punch), R2 (2:38)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Sam Alvey (206) vs. Marcin Prachnio (205.5) - Alvey, KO (punch), R1 (4:23)
Rani Yahya (136) vs. Russell Doane (136) - Yahya, SUB (arm triangle choke), R3 (2:32)
Eric Shelton (126) vs. Alex Perez (126.5)* - Perez, DEC (unanimous)
Albert Morales (135) vs. Manny Bermudez (136) - Bermudez, SUB (guillotine choke), R2 (2:33)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):
Performance of the Night: Ilir Latifi
Performance of the Night: Jeremy Stephens 
Fight of the Night: Ben Saunders vs. Alan Jouban

Attendance: 10,124
Gate: $1.064 million
Rating: 2.03 million viewers

Cancelled Bouts:
Jessica Andrade vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz - Bout Nixed
Jake Collier vs. Marcin Prachnio - Injury to Collier
Sara McMann vs. Yana Kunitskaya - Kunitskaya Moved to Another Card
Yoel Romero vs. David Branch - Romero Moved to Another Card
Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Aleksandar Rakić - Antigulov Withdrew from the Bout
Gilbert Burns vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier - Burns Medically Prohibited From Cutting Additional Weight

According to sources, Burns arrived in Orlando weighing 186 pounds. The UFC is currently hoping to reschedule him on the April 14 UFC on FOX 29 card. Aubin-Mercier is expected to fight sooner.

Yeah, that will do it.

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

apropos of nothing, but i'd like to see a Rany Yahya-Yuri Alcantara matchup.

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet even though a lot of Brazilian fighters don't like facing other Brazilians. I mean Iuri is almost forty, and Rani Yahya has been competing in prominent organizations for well over a decade. I guess it's just one of those fights that never materialized.

Sam Alvey just had one of those old guy slumps on his knees K-1 highlight reel KOs and then afterwards basically tried to acquire a Florida tourism sponsorship.

What a modern day renaissance man.

• Haha 1

That's twice in a row Sara's been whoopin' ass and got caught in a sub.

Speakin' of subs, Rani Yahya's got more than a dang Wawa and doesn't get the respect he deserves IMO. Despite having a style that should have lead him to being a forgotten WEC flameout, he's put together a UFC record of 10-3-1 with 5 subs and two of those losses to title contenders. Always stoked to see him win.

15 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

That's twice in a row Sara's been whoopin' ass and got caught in a sub.

Still hasn't gotten use to the striking aspect, which Marion took advantage of. It doesn't help that she has that muscular build so she forces her punches a bit. All Marion had to do was place one punch right on the button. Perfect recipe for disaster against a wrestler who struggles to get takedowns as fights go along.

Speakin' of subs, Rani Yahya's got more than a dang Wawa and doesn't get the respect he deserves IMO. Despite having a style that should have lead him to being a forgotten WEC flameout, he's put together a UFC record of 10-3-1 with 5 subs and two of those losses to title contenders. Always stoked to see him win.

I had no idea Yahya was 10-3-1 in the UFC. As an aside, Josh Burkman is 6-13 with 1 NC in the UFC after losing last week. He has to be up there in terms of UFC losses.

So, I guess that's the derailed train lighting on fire, right? He looked completely lost against the rangier fighter and just has way too many holes defensively to be taken seriously.

Shit, I had it paused for a while. Latifi wins! I didn't think it would go down like that. But I'm glad it did.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I had no idea Yahya was 10-3-1 in the UFC. As an aside, Josh Burkman is 6-13 with 1 NC in the UFC after losing last week. He has to be up there in terms of UFC losses.

I'd like to know who has the biggest +/- in regards to UFC wins and losses. He's gotta be way up there at -7.