DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THE LONGEST MATCH EVER (02/19/18)

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Beech27 said:

(I'd click "like" on this, but that might imply I don't want to read a lot of words about that, when the opposite is true. This stuff is interesting. So. Speaking of unnecessary words.)

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/28599-your-own-criteria/

This was very early into the proceedings over on PWO. You can tell from the level of excitement. There's a thread specifically on GMT around the end of it and it's more interesting as a relic of how burnt out everyone had become than anything else. There's more interesting stuff to dig through for you in this one, I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brandonr4s said:

So I've only been watching Raw casually lately, but thank God Seth got rid of those flame pants. Yikes. Eddie Guerrero did it right.

But he was definitely the MVP last night.

Seth's flame tights were more Jake Roberts than Eddie Guerrero.

Asuka and Nakamura, for that matter, shouldn't be cutting long promos, but there's a 70 year old sociopath with a fondness for steroids, cocaine, and Red Bull that is amused by those whose first language isn't English speaking English.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Well, the top champion in the company shouldn't have been playing second fiddle to HHH & Stephanie.

It was his promos more than anything. I mean, nobody is good at a twenty minute promo, but he was the all-time worst at it. I mean, he's a terrible three minute promo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

It was his promos more than anything. I mean, nobody is good at a twenty minute promo, but he was the all-time worst at it. I mean, he's a terrible three minute promo.

hence why Jimmy Jacobs did the talking for The Age of the Fall

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think technically the longest RAW match would have to be the Iron Man match between Triple H and Noob Saibot. 

Hey, isn't that "killer" spelled backwards?

And that, ladies and germs, is my most esoteric comment of the day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bink_winkleman said:

Oh yeah, that too - Did not like the Asuke promo. Don't do that. I actually get a kick out of Nak on the mic when it's short enough, but Asuke should just maybe be giving a threat or two, tops.

They should do Asuka/Rousey with Heyman managing Rousey. Have Heyman turn on Rousey and become Asuka's mouthpiece. Gets Asuka over as a heel and Rousey over as a face.

Asuka should limit her English but speak primarily Japanese especially when she's in battle mode. You could tell she was struggling out there which I can only imagine was a tester to see if she was comfortable enough in her English going forward. I fear for Kairi on the main roster.

That was the best Shawn Michaels cosplay I've seen in years, bravo Seth.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Pretty much the only thing I liked about Double J were the introductory vignettes for his first run:

Best part of those promos were the random Memphis workers showing up. RONNIE P GOSSETT.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

They should do Asuka/Rousey with Heyman managing Rousey. Have Heyman turn on Rousey and become Asuka's mouthpiece. Gets Asuka over as a heel and Rousey over as a face.

Eh, Heyman's hitting .500 with non-Brock guys, I'm not sure I'm gonna go any kind of in on Heyman managing anyone but Brock, and even him I'm about sick of.

3 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

I'm not nearly as big on "Get These Hands" as most. It was cool to shout out in the ring a time or two, but eh.

Agreed never got that, just makes me think of when Shane O Mac threatened to put his hands on AJ or Owens in the Summerslam build last year.

I thought HHH/Rollins was the second best match on the Mania card live, seriously underrated match that toned down both guys' propensity to do pointless shit.

Beyond that, he falls into that Shane Douglas/Gangrel/X-Pac guy playing a lame bad guy who makes me suspend disbelief for all the wrong reasons. Please stop smiling arrogantly and laughing for no reason and go away.

Has there ever been a simpler person to book on any random RAW than Asuka should be right now?

1) Music hits...silently dance and smile

2) Silently beat the shit out of someone

3) Get threatened by heel stable

4) silently refuse to back down

5) silently beat the shit out of the heel stable

6) silently dance and smile

It takes an amazing effort to fuck that up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rick said:

Asuka should limit her English but speak primarily Japanese especially when she's in battle mode. You could tell she was struggling out there which I can only imagine was a tester to see if she was comfortable enough in her English going forward. I fear for Kairi on the main roster.

Kairi supposedly speaks better English. I think Asuka is actually supposed to be the worst English speaker out of their current Japanese talent. Why they thought it was a good idea to have her do a promo with more than a couple of lines of English I have no idea. Hopefully they never do it again.

11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Whatever they do, I hope nobody in WWE ever introduces Vince to Baby Metal.

"I don't get it. Where's the baby?  Wait a second...GET ME BRODUS CLAY AND A DIAPER!!!"

"That's a terrible idea for a wrestling gimmick, Vince."

"Wrestling gimmick?"

• Haha 2