DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS THE LONGEST MATCH EVER (02/19/18)

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns and John Cena portion of the gauntlet match was fantastic and not many wrestlers in the world could keep up the pace that Rollins did.  Impressive stuff.  I'm sure @Matt D will hate it.  

NJrIgnE.gif

That GIF is a thing of beauty. You can see him surrender to death with enough time to think something like "I hereby declare myself repentant and reborn Christian, Muslim, Jewish and some other stuff."

• Like 5

I never get to see Raw and because of the holiday (ugh, yeah right) I came in right before Rollins got eliminated. 

- Miz deserves a medal for the faces he pulled freaking out over Strowman

- I think there might've been a slight wardrobe malfunction with Asuka but maybe that was just wishful thinking. As it is, I like that they give her time to talk but boy, that crowd was in complete ??? mode for it

- Ladies trios was damn good and I like them getting the last match. Alexa is growing on me whenever I see her, her character work is perfect. Poor Paige having to sit all this out must be killing her. 

- That was a lot of fuckin' wrestling. Kudos to them for that

• Like 1

Replays of Roman's super man punch are always terrible because he makes it so obvious that he's not even trying to make a fist.  It's more like you've got some snot on your nose and he's REALLY emphatic about wiping it off with the back of his sleeve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EVA said:

Replays of Roman's super man punch are always terrible because he makes it so obvious that he's not even trying to make a fist.  It's more like you've got some snot on your nose and he's REALLY emphatic about wiping it off with the back of his sleeve.

I miss when he actually punched people though I get why he stopped.

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns and John Cena portion of the gauntlet match was fantastic and not many wrestlers in the world could keep up the pace that Rollins did.  Impressive stuff.  I'm sure @Matt D will hate it.  

NJrIgnE.gif

Pace isn’t my thing. I’ll take your word for it.

I enjoyed the Renee interviews with the losers right after they were eliminated. Asking about their loss and how it affects them going in to Sunday made the Chamber feel a little more important. One of those things that would get tiring if they did it week-after-week but feels special when done sporadically.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Surprisingly Sincere Man said:

The Rollins vs. Reigns/Cena stuff was really, really good but I was disappointed when he was eliminated. I definitely thought they were going to do something special and have him wrestle the full match.

I don't think you could ask him to work another 40 minutes or whatever it was after that. Especially just to put over Braun.

I'm not a fan, but dude earned his paycheck tonight.

I didn't watch the show, I just read the WO recap, and I saw Rollins pinned Reigns after 21 minutes, Rollins pinned Cena after (what I thought) was 7 minutes, and then Elias pinned Rollins in 8 minutes and I'm like wait, they restarted the time after the PIN?  I have to go back and watch the show, because if Rollins kept the crowd for an hour, that's absolutely crazy.  Almost as crazy as there being a match on RAW that went 2 hours.

2 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I didn't watch the show, I just read the WO recap, and I saw Rollins pinned Reigns after 21 minutes, Rollins pinned Cena after (what I thought) was 7 minutes, and then Elias pinned Rollins in 8 minutes and I'm like wait, they restarted the time after the PIN?  I have to go back and watch the show, because if Rollins kept the crowd for an hour, that's absolutely crazy.  Almost as crazy as there being a match on RAW that went 2 hours.

It was nuts. I can't believe it happened.