DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: July

Dolfan in NYC

Posted Image

Continuing with the wrestling theme, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed Adam Jones handing Cespedes a replica WWE belt after winning the Home Run Derby.

Between Aaron Rodgers carrying around a title belt, the Heat wearing them last year and now this, I have to think sooner or later one of these sports leagues is going get sick of giving WWE free publicity and realize guys would rather have a blinged out belt than some goofy phallic baseball bat trophy.  Just commission a Slam Dunk champion or Home Run Derby championship belt already.

Trophies are so 2005.

To be honest I'm flabbergasted that the World Series of Poker doesn't hand out a big fucking gold belt to the main event winner to go with the bracelet. Converting a WSOP bracelet into a larger model as a belt seems like the most obvious thing in the world.

Also, if I ever win the main event in my lifetime through some utter change in social standing combined with a total fluke, I give my word to DVDVR I'll have a WSOP belt made out of my own pocket.

Sigh... Zoilo becomes the 16 different Yankee on the DL this year.

I really should figure out what the record is... or have Joe figure out what the record is

And as an aside - I fucking love the comments from Yankee fans who are pissed that A-Rod isn't the one being called up to replace Zoilo.

HE IS THE MISSING PIECE~!

Never change internet

I watched nearly every minute of that Sox/Yanks game at my Dad's. It was a great game but I thought it would never end. Nice to see the Braves are still in first place but since their hot start in April they are a .500 team.

Thankfully, games in April count the same as games in August. Also, thankfully, the Braves don't play another game all year further west than St Louis.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 6m
Final deal: Cubs trade Matt Garza to the Rangers for Mike Olt, C.J. Edwards, Justin Grimm and PTBNL.

Dayum...That's quite the haul for one player, but warranted since Garza has had great stuff since coming off the DL. Even still, Rangers giving up Olt and Edwards, along with two others, for a rental.

ZIP RZEPPA SIGHTING at 10:20!!!!!!!! and footage of Howard Johnson hitting a home run with his gimmicked bat!!!  Awesome.

Herzog was carny as fuck.

You could have made a WWE-style video package out of this to set up the NLCS the next year.

It disturbs me how old this footage looks.  Anyone under 30 watching this today might as well think it was form the 40s or something.

• Like 1

And speaking of the Cubs - supposedly they are trading Alfonso Soriano back to the Yanks

Reports are they are eating the majority of the contract and getting a mid-level prospect back in return.