DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013: July

Dolfan in NYC

Decent game so far, not the most exciting, but some great individual performances. First time I've seen Jose Fernandez, that kid looks like he's going to be special. Rivera getting the field to himself when he came in was cool to see.

Prince Fielder with the hefty triple!

That was also fucking awesome.  I mean, I don't think I've ever seen that before.  And I'm a Tigers fan.

AL WINS which matters now, or something something.

God, that Rivera intro was great.

I was all ready to turn on internet grump mode about Rivera winning (cuz do we really need to give him everything?), but then his family came out and then they gave him the mic and oh man, my tender heart. Stupid emotions, nice moment.

Posted Image

Continuing with the wrestling theme, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who noticed Adam Jones handing Cespedes a replica WWE belt after winning the Home Run Derby.

Between Aaron Rodgers carrying around a title belt, the Heat wearing them last year and now this, I have to think sooner or later one of these sports leagues is going get sick of giving WWE free publicity and realize guys would rather have a blinged out belt than some goofy phallic baseball bat trophy.  Just commission a Slam Dunk champion or Home Run Derby championship belt already.

Trophies are so 2005.