DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 126: Cowboy vs. Medeiros (2/18/2018) - Austin, TX (Frank Erwin Center)

Elsalvajeloco

I considered this card a win because I missed the Fight Pass portion and basically the first half of the FS1 prelims due to being at the movie theaters. However, it worked out where I didn't even need to hop on Fight Pass (Morono/Burkman was being shown on FS1 forty seconds into me starting to watch it on the UFC app) to track down the fights I missed. Still have to see Moras/Pudilova and Joby Sanchez vs. Roberto Sanchez, but it sounds like both were entertaining.

Finally got around to catching the show and man was it a fun night of fights.  Sage got lucky in that win especially considering how much he was taken down.  I get he has a long way to go, but he still has a hard time escaping takedowns and standing up from the ground.  But if he can work on that then he'll be great.  A's for the other fights they were mostly pretty fun to watch.  A tad surprised Millender beat Alves, what a super impressive showing.  He's definitely on my radar.   Derrick Lewis had a surprising amount of knockout power at the third and holy shit his post-fight speech.  And I loved the love friendship Cerrone and Medeiros have, it was endearing and led me to root for both of them.  Awesome first-round win.

2e2iii0.jpg

I love Derrick Lewis, and I want you to love him too.

For the love of God, in the next Creed film, can we Travis Browne and Derrick Lewis to recreate the Rocky III statue dedication scene with Rousey as Adrian and Derrick as the Southside Slugger? I swear I will patronize my local theater so many times to see the film they will have to ban me from coming until the end of it's theatrical run.

• Like 3