DVDVR Message Board

Marvel/DC characters you'd like to see something done with, and why

BrianS81177

10 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

I would totally be that insane rich person to make Seven Soldiers a reality. Best thing Morrison ever wrote.

It is such a cool, weird, flawed story and I love it a lot.

I'm trying to put together a D&D campaign that's loosely based on Seven Soldiers and I really hope it actually comes together.

On 2/13/2018 at 9:39 AM, Zimbra said:

Man, I don't even know what to say to this.

Actually, you know who would be fucking awesome as Barda?  The woman who played the dora milaje in Civil War/Black Panther.  I don't know if she's physically large enough but you can CGI that shit.

EDIT: Florence Kasumbo!

If they want to be accurate about Barda's size (7 feet tall), anybody would have to do some vfx work anyways. I'm down with Christie (whose physical charisma is frankly underrated) or Kasumbo, personally. 

Also: A Doom Patrol film would be awesome. Regardless of which era.

4 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

I always wanted to see Sin and The Serpent Squad in a movie, only because I, for some reason, want to see Anna Kendrick as Sin and think she would be awesome as her.

I totally marked for this announcement.

marvel.jpg

Then they said it was a prank.  Damn.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My wish list is generally villains based.  I think a Masters of Evil/Acts of Vengeance storyline would be ideal for the next big storyline for the MCU.  (They could've set it in motion if they didn't have such an erection for killing off or vanishing villains ... a Masters of Evil run by Ultron, secretly amped up by Loki, with Whiplash, Crossbones, Klaw, Abomination, Yellowjacket, Malekith, Killmonger, Vulture, Zemo, put someone in the Iron Monger, throw in Absorbing Man and Batroc, some X-Men lesser villains as cannon fodder, recast Red Skull, introduce some Marvel villains we haven't seen yet ....)

.... I'm spent.

• 2 weeks later...

i could've sworn i posted in this thread.

Anyway, here goes:

Marvel:
Human Torch (Jim Hammond). that small cameo in Cap1 wasn't enough. i know, the kid from F4 appropriated the name and is more connected with it, but come on! Hammond is literally Marvel's first hero.
speaking of Golden Agers, i'm surprised Namor hasn't appeared yet. i read there's some weird licensing deal, but i feel like whoever has that deal should cash out now. I'm not even that huge a fan of Namor, but his exclusion seems odd.

for DC, i was pumped about the Whedon Batgirl movie. now that Whedon is out, i am much less enthused. 

On 2/13/2018 at 10:39 AM, Zimbra said:

Alfonso Cuaron directing a Mr Miracle movie.

ETA: Obviously Gwedonlyn Christie is Big Barda in this scenario

OK, Ava DuVernay doing New Gods is close enough for me.

Dr. Doom 

I think it was Natural said Doc Ock needs to be a spidey villain again which is overdue. 

On the DC side the Martian Manhunter needs some JL love. 

Annnnnnnnnd on the flip side I will say I never need to see Spider-Man or Magneto’s origin again regardless of casting.